Someone who looks an awful lot like Adrian Penalo <adrianpaccesspro.net> wrote:
> I have an old Performa 6400 upgraded to G3/300mhz with 64 MB of RAM
> and Mac OS 8.6. I use Internet Explorer 5.x in it and after surfing
> 4 or 5 Web sites the browser and the entire OS drags to a crawl!
I wonder if you're running out of memory. Logically, IE5 is probably
bigger (more memory-hungry) than IE4; if your system is running out of
RAM while you're running, that would do what you describe.

Can that box be upgraded? I don't know OS 8 at all, so I can't tell you
how to determine if you're out of memory, but that's what it sounds like
to me.

Dave Hinz