Professional Web Applications Themes

why is text distorted or pixelized? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hello, My problem has to do with opening a pdf file (which happens to be a schematic) with pe2. If I print the file from Adobe Acrobat the text is perfectly clean, but opening the same page in pe2 distorts the text. It appears pixelized and the edges are not well defined. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Brad...

  1. #1

    Default why is text distorted or pixelized?

    Hello,
    My problem has to do with opening a pdf file (which happens to be a schematic) with pe2. If I print the file from Adobe Acrobat the text is perfectly clean, but opening the same page in pe2 distorts the text. It appears pixelized and the edges are not well defined. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you, Brad
    Brad Lightner Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: why is text distorted or pixelized?

    Hi Brad,

    You've got a problem similar to a discussion going on next door at "Images from Microsoft Word".

    It sounds like the information held in the PDF is vector information, which PSE2 translates to bitmap, which results in the pixelization you are seeing.

    The only thing I can suggest is increasing the resolution and turning off "Anti-aliasing" when importing the PDF into PSE2. That should help keep as much definition as possible.

    HTH

    Kyl
    Kyle White Guest

  3. #3

    Hello,

    In addition, I know if I change the resolution to 300 dpi the size of the file is almost 300M and at 600 dpi it's almost 1.2G. It does help clean the text some, but still pixelized. I've also tried "save to web" to reduce the file size. It greatly helps reduce the file size but also reduces the quality of the text. I didn't think I'd have a problem using pe2 for minor editing of schematics and the original file is Adobe pdf. Am I using the wrong software? What program would handle the text correctly?

    Thank you, Brad
    Brad Lightner Guest

  4. #4

    Kyle
    Can you direct me to "Images from Microsoft Word", much appreciated.
    Ben

    "Kyle White" <kmwhite1magma.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi Brad,
    >
    > You've got a problem similar to a discussion going on next door at "Images
    from Microsoft Word".

    > It sounds like the information held in the PDF is vector information,
    which PSE2 translates to bitmap, which results in the pixelization you are
    seeing.

    > The only thing I can suggest is increasing the resolution and turning off
    "Anti-aliasing" when importing the PDF into PSE2. That should help keep as
    much definition as possible.

    > HTH
    >
    > Kyl

    Ben T Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Brad,

    Wow, you're dealing with a "not small" file aren't you!

    Well, if the original is a PDF, then the full Adobe Acrobat package is the "editor" of choice. I suspect, though, that the original was created in something like AutoCAD, CADintosh, or other vector graphics package and then output to PDF. So, ideally, you'd go back to the original package, do your edits, then re-create a PDF file. PDF being a super set of PostScript, isn't really built for editing.

    Sorry I couldn't be more help.

    Kyle
    Kyle White Guest

  6. #6

    Hello Kyle,

    Thank you for your info. Maybe I can get the orignal files from our drafting department and they probably are done in Autocad. It still seems strange to have a pdf file where the text is completely clear and solid,that when opening it with another adobe product, that the text is distorted. The orignal doents are 40 x ??.

    Thank you,
    Brad
    Brad Lightner Guest