member("screwBox").getPropRef("model", 1) mModel.getPropRef("keyframePlayer").removeLast(); } //Converts frames to milliseconds. function fFramesToMilliseconds (nFrame){ if(nFrame != 0){ nMilliseconds = nFrame * 1000 / 30; }else{ nMilliseconds = 0; } return nMilliseconds; } //Pauses a model's keyframePlayer animation. function fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation(myModel, myAnimation){ myModel.getPropRef("keyframePlayer").pause(myAnimation); } //Plays an animation segment. function fPlay3DAnimation(tempModel, tempAnimationName, tempLoopBoolean, nStart, nStop){ //Plays the animation starting at ** milliseconds and loops it if tempLoopBoolean is true. tempModel.getPropRef("keyframePlayer").play(tempAnimationName, tempLoopBoolean, nStart, nStop, 1); } //Applies the keyframePlayer modifier member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 1).addModifier(symbol("keyframePlayer")); member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 2).addModifier(symbol("keyframePlayer")); //Runs the function that pauses animation. fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation(member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 1), "CubeKey"); fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation(member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 2), "CubeKey"); //Runs the function that removes the last animation in the playlist. fRemoveLastInPlaylist(member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 1)); fRemoveLastInPlaylist(member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 2)); trace(member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 2).getPropRef("keyframePlayer").playlist.length);// <- This causes an error. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => adam@blueapplestudio [ip] => webforumsuser@m [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Why might a trace statement make a function becomeundefined? - Macromedia Director 3D

Why might a trace statement make a function becomeundefined? - Macromedia Director 3D

In a JavaScript Movie Script I am defining a few functions for my movie. As soon as I add the trace statement at the bottom of the script, I get this error- Script Error: Reference Error: fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation is not defined fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation(mCube, ?CubeKey?); Why would adding this trace statement cause the above function to become undefined? //Creates a function that will loop back to the previous marker. function fLoopFrame(){ _movie.goLoop(); } //Removes the last animation in the playlist. function fRemoveLastInPlaylist(mModel){ //mModel must be a variable in the form --> member("Box").getPropRef("model", 1) mModel.getPropRef("keyframePlayer").removeLast(); } //Converts frames to milliseconds. function fFramesToMilliseconds (nFrame){ if(nFrame ...

Default Why might a trace statement make a function becomeundefined?

In a JavaScript Movie Script I am defining a few functions for my movie. As
    soon as I add the trace statement at the bottom of the script, I get this error-

Script Error: Reference Error:
    fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation is not defined

fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation(mCube, ?CubeKey?);

Why would adding this trace statement cause the above function to become
    undefined?

//Creates a function that will loop back to the previous marker.
    function fLoopFrame(){
    _movie.goLoop();
    }

//Removes the last animation in the playlist.
    function fRemoveLastInPlaylist(mModel){
    //mModel must be a variable in the form -->
    member("Box").getPropRef("model", 1)
    mModel.getPropRef("keyframePlayer").removeLast();
    }

//Converts frames to milliseconds.
    function fFramesToMilliseconds (nFrame){
    if(nFrame != 0){
    nMilliseconds = nFrame * 1000 / 30;
    }else{
    nMilliseconds = 0;
    }
    return nMilliseconds;
    }

//Pauses a model's keyframePlayer animation.
    function fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation(myModel, myAnimation){
    myModel.getPropRef("keyframePlayer").pause(myAnima tion);
    }

//Plays an animation segment.
    function fPlay3DAnimation(tempModel, tempAnimationName, tempLoopBoolean,
    nStart, nStop){
    //Plays the animation starting at ** milliseconds and loops it if
    tempLoopBoolean is true.
    tempModel.getPropRef("keyframePlayer").play(tempAn imationName,
    tempLoopBoolean, nStart, nStop, 1);
    }

//Applies the keyframePlayer modifier
    member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 1).addModifier(symbol("keyframePlayer"));
    member("Cube").getPropRef("model", 2).addModifier(symbol("keyframePlayer"));

//Runs the function that pauses animation.
    fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation(member("Cube").getPr opRef("model", 1),
    "CubeKey");
    fPauseKeyframePlayerAnimation(member("Cube").getPr opRef("model", 2),
    "CubeKey");

//Runs the function that removes the last animation in the playlist.
    fRemoveLastInPlaylist(member("Cube").getPropRef("m odel", 1));
    fRemoveLastInPlaylist(member("Cube").getPropRef("m odel", 2));

trace(member("Cube").getPropRef("model",
    2).getPropRef("keyframePlayer").playlist.length);// <- This causes an error.

adam@blueapplestudio Guest

Default Re: Why might a trace statement make a function becomeundefined?

The culprit seems to be ".length". This is at the end of my last line of code.

It is my understanding that the playlist is a Lingo list, and to return the
    quantity of entities in that list .length is used. I tried a test in a new
    movie and confirmed that this works.

Any guess how that last trace statement could be affecting any of the
    functions defined above it?

Default Re: Why might a trace statement make a function become undefined?

Does it work better if you use .count instead of .length?
    Mike Guest

I wrapped everything except for .length in brackets and it no longer produces
    the error. (see code ONE)

My new problem is the value it's returning. It seems to return 1 no matter
    what is in the list. I have a few trace statements executing in a looping
    frame. As you can see, the playlist becomes empty, however the .length
    continues to return 1. (see code TWO)

Any thoughts?

//ONE
    trace(member("Cube").getPropRef("model",
    2).getPropRef("keyframePlayer").playlist.length);//This creates the problem
    trace([member("Cube").getPropRef("model",
    2).getPropRef("keyframePlayer").playlist].length);//This does not create the
    problem

//TWO
    // mCubeNull
    // <[[#name: "cubeNullkey", #loop: 0, #startTime: 0, #endTime: 1333, #scale:
    1.0000], [#name: "cubeNullkey", #loop: 0, #startTime: 0, #endTime: 1333,
    #scale: 1.0000]]>
    // 1
    //
    // mCubeNull
    // <[]>
    // 1

Mike, thanks for the direction.

1: [].length does not ?work?, it simply does not cause the error I was
    getting. [].length keeps returning 1 because I believe it views everything in
    there as a single entity in an array with length 1. So when I think it is
    empty, it isn?t. User error.

2: .count works wonderfully. Over time, it returns values I had expected to
    see as the playlist empties.

Thank you very much for your assistance.