Professional Web Applications Themes

Will Macs ever be as good as PCs? - Mac Applications & Software

I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and it leaves a mess on the desktop. Macintosh customers are usually soccer moms who flail their arms about when they see a command line. PCs being far too complicated for the simple minded. They flail because they need to buy $900 software that costs $200 for PCs so they can make thier artsy sy overdone restaurant menus and drive their husbands nuts because they never actually make a penny because their overhead was the price of a Macintosh. Which is, by the way, 10x more $$$ than a ...

  1. #1

    Default Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and it leaves
    a mess on the desktop. Macintosh customers are usually soccer moms
    who flail their arms about when they see a command line. PCs being far
    too complicated for the simple minded. They flail because they need to
    buy $900 software that costs $200 for PCs so they can make thier artsy
    sy overdone restaurant menus and drive their husbands nuts
    because they never actually make a penny because their overhead was
    the price of a Macintosh. Which is, by the way, 10x more $$$ than a
    comparable Windows PC. Well, lets see, I can RUN OS/2, WINDOWS, DOS,
    NT, LINUX, NOVELL, WINDOWS95 and DOS4GW and other extenders of the
    like on my PC, but not on a crapintosh. Try to get Mack WAREZ, hah hah
    hah, good one. MAC OS is good, but it can't shake a stick at
    WindowsNT, LINUX, or even Windows 95. Mac was made by a lucky moron,
    who, in spite of being far ahead of his time with the Windows
    interface, managed to drive not only NeXT but Apple into the ground.
    STOP MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES!


    --
    ________
    ==\ /=================================
    ===\ /===I am the Blue Screen of Death==
    ====\ /======No one hears your screams====
    =====\/====================================

    [url]http://31337.pl[/url]
    Omphalos Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    Removed by Administrator
    Chris Alaimo Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. #3

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    In article <8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr.com> ,
    Omphalos <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote:
    > I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them
    [more mindless drivel snipped]

    I wonder where all these Windiots keep coming from?
    flip Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    No, they won't because not enough people buy them.

    "Omphalos" <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote in message
    news:8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr. com...
    > I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and it leaves
    > a mess on the desktop. Macintosh customers are usually soccer moms
    > who flail their arms about when they see a command line. PCs being far
    > too complicated for the simple minded. They flail because they need to
    > buy $900 software that costs $200 for PCs so they can make thier artsy
    > sy overdone restaurant menus and drive their husbands nuts
    > because they never actually make a penny because their overhead was
    > the price of a Macintosh. Which is, by the way, 10x more $$$ than a
    > comparable Windows PC. Well, lets see, I can RUN OS/2, WINDOWS, DOS,
    > NT, LINUX, NOVELL, WINDOWS95 and DOS4GW and other extenders of the
    > like on my PC, but not on a crapintosh. Try to get Mack WAREZ, hah hah
    > hah, good one. MAC OS is good, but it can't shake a stick at
    > WindowsNT, LINUX, or even Windows 95. Mac was made by a lucky moron,
    > who, in spite of being far ahead of his time with the Windows
    > interface, managed to drive not only NeXT but Apple into the ground.
    > STOP MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES!
    >
    >
    > --
    > ________
    > ==\ /=================================
    > ===\ /===I am the Blue Screen of Death==
    > ====\ /======No one hears your screams====
    > =====\/====================================
    >
    > [url]http://31337.pl[/url]

    MuahMan Guest

  5. #5

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    In article <8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr.com> ,
    Omphalos <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote:

    <trolling removed>
    Nothing to see here, don't feed the trolls. Move along, move along. :)

    --
    Ari Ukkonen
    Ari Ukkonen Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    In article <8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr.com> , Omphalos
    <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote:
    > I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and it leaves
    > a mess on the desktop. Macintosh customers are usually soccer moms
    > who flail their arms about when they see a command line. PCs being far
    > too complicated for the simple minded. They flail because they need to
    > buy $900 software that costs $200 for PCs so they can make thier artsy
    > sy overdone restaurant menus and drive their husbands nuts
    > because they never actually make a penny because their overhead was
    > the price of a Macintosh. Which is, by the way, 10x more $$$ than a
    > comparable Windows PC. Well, lets see, I can RUN OS/2, WINDOWS, DOS,
    > NT, LINUX, NOVELL, WINDOWS95 and DOS4GW and other extenders of the
    > like on my PC, but not on a crapintosh. Try to get Mack WAREZ, hah hah
    > hah, good one. MAC OS is good, but it can't shake a stick at
    > WindowsNT, LINUX, or even Windows 95. Mac was made by a lucky moron,
    > who, in spite of being far ahead of his time with the Windows
    > interface, managed to drive not only NeXT but Apple into the ground.
    > STOP MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES!
    The question should be
    Will PCs ever be as good as Macs?

    I doubt if very many mac owners waste time on PC related newsgroups
    downgrading PCs.
    Bill B. Johnson Guest

  7. #7

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    On 30/6/03 3:40 am, in article
    8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr.com, "Omphalos"
    <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote:
    > I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and ..... thier artsy
    > sy overdone restaurant menus ....more drivel
    I guess you're jealous as other children in you class have Mac Powerbooks
    and you only have a flimsy Intel laptop. Such is life, maybe you'll learn,
    but I doubt it.

    Mike Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    In article
    <billbjohnson555-3006031144230001pm2-broad-93.snlo.dialup.fix.net>,
    [email]billbjohnson555nospamhotmail.com[/email] (Bill B. Johnson) wrote:
    > In article <8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr.com> , Omphalos
    > <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote:
    >
    > > I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and it leaves
    > > a mess on the desktop. Macintosh customers are usually soccer moms
    > > who flail their arms about when they see a command line. PCs being far
    > > too complicated for the simple minded. They flail because they need to
    > > buy $900 software that costs $200 for PCs so they can make thier artsy
    > > sy overdone restaurant menus and drive their husbands nuts
    > > because they never actually make a penny because their overhead was
    > > the price of a Macintosh. Which is, by the way, 10x more $$$ than a
    > > comparable Windows PC. Well, lets see, I can RUN OS/2, WINDOWS, DOS,
    > > NT, LINUX, NOVELL, WINDOWS95 and DOS4GW and other extenders of the
    > > like on my PC, but not on a crapintosh. Try to get Mack WAREZ, hah hah
    > > hah, good one. MAC OS is good, but it can't shake a stick at
    > > WindowsNT, LINUX, or even Windows 95. Mac was made by a lucky moron,
    > > who, in spite of being far ahead of his time with the Windows
    > > interface, managed to drive not only NeXT but Apple into the ground.
    > > STOP MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES!
    >
    > The question should be
    > Will PCs ever be as good as Macs?
    >
    > I doubt if very many mac owners waste time on PC related newsgroups
    > downgrading PCs.
    If history is any indication, PCs in 10 years will be almost as good as
    Macs are today.
    Flip Guest

  9. #9

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    On Mon 30 Jun 2003 03:05:54p, Mike <mike.2871DELETE_MEbtinternet.com>
    wrote in news:BB2648A2.6510%mike.2871DELETE_MEbtinternet.c om:
    > On 30/6/03 3:40 am, in article
    > 8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr.com, "Omphalos"
    > <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and .....
    >> thier artsy sy overdone restaurant menus ....more drivel
    >
    > I guess you're jealous as other children in you class have Mac
    > Powerbooks and you only have a flimsy Intel laptop. Such is life,
    > maybe you'll learn, but I doubt it.
    As for Macintosh users, well some people like paying more for less.





    Snubis Guest

  10. #10

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    On Sun 29 Jun 2003 10:40:04p, Omphalos <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote in
    news:8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr. com:
    > I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and it
    > leaves a mess on the desktop. Macintosh customers are usually soccer
    > moms who flail their arms about when they see a command line. PCs
    > being far too complicated for the simple minded. They flail because
    > they need to buy $900 software that costs $200 for PCs so they can
    > make thier artsy sy overdone restaurant menus and drive their
    > husbands nuts because they never actually make a penny because their
    > overhead was the price of a Macintosh. Which is, by the way, 10x
    > more $$$ than a comparable Windows PC. Well, lets see, I can RUN
    > OS/2, WINDOWS, DOS, NT, LINUX, NOVELL, WINDOWS95 and DOS4GW and
    > other extenders of the like on my PC, but not on a crapintosh. Try
    > to get Mack WAREZ, hah hah hah, good one. MAC OS is good, but it
    > can't shake a stick at WindowsNT, LINUX, or even Windows 95. Mac was
    > made by a lucky moron, who, in spite of being far ahead of his time
    > with the Windows interface, managed to drive not only NeXT but Apple
    > into the ground. STOP MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES!
    Macintologists regard their computer preference as a lifestyle choice
    or a religion rather than a useful computer.


    AfterBurnr Guest

  11. #11

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    garbage
    Guest

  12. #12

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    In article <3f00a29b$1Gilgamesh-frogadmin.yi.org>,
    "AfterBurnr" <contrafr.com> wrote:
    > On Sun 29 Jun 2003 10:40:04p, Omphalos <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote in
    > news:8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr. com:
    >
    > > I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and it
    > > leaves a mess on the desktop. Macintosh customers are usually soccer
    > > moms who flail their arms about when they see a command line. PCs
    > > being far too complicated for the simple minded. They flail because
    > > they need to buy $900 software that costs $200 for PCs so they can
    > > make thier artsy sy overdone restaurant menus and drive their
    > > husbands nuts because they never actually make a penny because their
    > > overhead was the price of a Macintosh. Which is, by the way, 10x
    > > more $$$ than a comparable Windows PC. Well, lets see, I can RUN
    > > OS/2, WINDOWS, DOS, NT, LINUX, NOVELL, WINDOWS95 and DOS4GW and
    > > other extenders of the like on my PC, but not on a crapintosh. Try
    > > to get Mack WAREZ, hah hah hah, good one. MAC OS is good, but it
    > > can't shake a stick at WindowsNT, LINUX, or even Windows 95. Mac was
    > > made by a lucky moron, who, in spite of being far ahead of his time
    > > with the Windows interface, managed to drive not only NeXT but Apple
    > > into the ground. STOP MAKING FOOLS OF YOURSELVES!
    >
    > Macintologists regard their computer preference as a lifestyle choice
    > or a religion rather than a useful computer.
    >
    >
    The funny thing is that you have that about completely reversed.

    Mac users tend to be familiar with both Macs and Windows (and, often,
    Linux), but choose Macs because they better fit their needs.

    Wintrolls, OTOH, can't stand the thought of anyone choosing anything but
    Windows - apparently, it's heretical.
    Flip Guest

  13. #13

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 22:44:38 +0200, Snubis wrote:
    > On Mon 30 Jun 2003 03:05:54p, Mike <mike.2871DELETE_MEbtinternet.com>
    > wrote in news:BB2648A2.6510%mike.2871DELETE_MEbtinternet.c om:
    >
    >> On 30/6/03 3:40 am, in article
    >> 8qNLa.210115$4y6.3390561twister.tampabay.rr.com, "Omphalos"
    >> <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I don't like Macs because you can't do anything on them and .....
    >>> thier artsy sy overdone restaurant menus ....more drivel
    >>
    >> I guess you're jealous as other children in you class have Mac
    >> Powerbooks and you only have a flimsy Intel laptop. Such is life,
    >> maybe you'll learn, but I doubt it.
    >
    > As for Macintosh users, well some people like paying more for less.
    ahaha ahahaha ahahahahha ahahahahahahahah

    Oh, you were serious.
    --
    Rick

    Rick Guest

  14. #14

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    <html><input type crash></html>
    begin fix

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:00:46 GMT, [email]flippomac.com[/email] blathered and smoked:
    > In article <r667t-vcr.ln1host.newsservicer.org>,
    > Sinister Midget <xunilk-c.rr-com> wrote:
    >
    >> <html><input type crash></html>
    >> begin fix
    >>
    >> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:35:03 GMT, [email]flipflippo.com[/email] blathered and smoked:
    >>
    >> > In article <20030630204438.B17AF5EC05mail.zedz.net>,
    >>
    >> >> As for Macintosh users, well some people like paying more for less.
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >
    >> > Sure. I paid a bit more. And I get less:
    >> >
    >> > Less viruses
    >> > Less hassle
    >> > Less problems
    >> > Less intrusion from Microsoft
    >> > Less spyware
    >>
    >> I get less of those too. It didn't cost me 3 months salary either. In
    >> fact it cost me about $350 total for the machinery and about $.30 for
    >> the media, plus whatever the value of the labor to download and burn
    >> it.
    >>
    >> > Thanks for pointing that out.
    >>
    >> No, thank YOU for allowing me to show Linux is as safe as MAC (safer
    >> actually, but we'll leave that for now). And it's *much* cheaper, too.
    >
    > Nonsense.
    >
    > First, it's "Mac", not "MAC". You've just labelled yourself as a moron.
    Well, color me ashamed!
    > Second, you haven't shown a thing that shows Linux to be safer than
    > MacOS X.
    Neither did you provide anything to show OS X or prior to be safer than
    anything.

    Let's start over on that point. Your turn since you went first last
    time and it still isn't settled.
    > Last time I checked, there wasn't a single known virus for Mac OS X.
    > That's not true for Linux.
    Check a little harder next time.

    [url]http://www.faqs.org/faqs/computer-virus/macintosh-faq/[/url]

    Scroll on down to number 7.

    [url]http://www.hawaii.edu/macalerts/[/url]

    [url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_macexe.html[/url]

    [url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_macworm.html[/url]

    [url]http://www.macworld.com/2001/01/bc/18melissa/[/url]

    [url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_flash.html[/url]

    [url]http://antivirus.about.com/library/weekly/aa061101a.htm[/url]

    [url]http://www.sherpasoft.org.uk/MacVirus.archive/reference/autostart.html[/url]

    More than just virus information enclosed in the following, but it has that in it, too:

    [url]http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletinsByType/vndr_apple_bulletins.html[/url]

    I'll be here when you come up with your comparable list of virus and
    other malware for linux.

    While I still didn't "prove" that linux is more secure than MAC (sorry,
    I'm still stupid), neither have you proven the opposite yet. What I
    _have_ shown is at least some semblance of evidence that you might be
    wrong barring something more supportive of your claims to the contrary.

    At the very least I've shown satisfactorily that your claim that none
    exist for MAC (man, am I a dumb or what?) is either absolutely and
    completely false, or it is an uninformed statement.

    Now, at least, the uninformed part should be remedied if that was the
    problem.

    --
    Windows: It _just_ works.
    Linux: It just _works_.
    Sinister Midget Guest

  15. #15

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    On Mon 30 Jun 2003 11:00:46p, flip <flippomac.com> wrote in
    news:flippo-911AE4.21563730062003news.central.cox.net:
    > In article <r667t-vcr.ln1host.newsservicer.org>,
    > Sinister Midget <xunilk-c.rr-com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:35:03 GMT, [email]flipflippo.com[/email] blathered and
    >> smoked:
    >>
    >>> In article <20030630204438.B17AF5EC05mail.zedz.net>,
    >>
    >>>> As for Macintosh users, well some people like paying more for
    >>>> less.
    >>>
    >>> Sure. I paid a bit more. And I get less:
    >>>
    >>> Less viruses
    >>> Less hassle
    >>> Less problems
    >>> Less intrusion from Microsoft
    >>> Less spyware
    >>
    >> I get less of those too. It didn't cost me 3 months salary either.
    >> In fact it cost me about $350 total for the machinery and about
    >> $.30 for the media, plus whatever the value of the labor to
    >> download and burn it.
    >>
    >>> Thanks for pointing that out.
    >>
    >> No, thank YOU for allowing me to show Linux is as safe as MAC
    >> (safer actually, but we'll leave that for now). And it's *much*
    >> cheaper, too.
    >
    > Nonsense.
    >
    > First, it's "Mac", not "MAC". You've just labelled yourself as a
    > moron.
    We wouldn't want the world to come to an end now, would we?
    > Second, you haven't shown a thing that shows Linux to be safer than
    > MacOS X.
    >
    > Last time I checked, there wasn't a single known virus for Mac OS X.
    > That's not true for Linux.
    Mac OS X is a virus.


    --
    __________
    =\ /================================
    ==\ /==You know how dumb the average==
    ===\ /===guy is? Well half of everyone==
    ====\ /======is even dumber than that=====
    =====\/====================================

    [url]http://31337.pl[/url]
    Omphalos Guest

  16. #16

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    Omphalos <omphalosxmsg.com> wrote in message news:<8qNLa.210115$

    Yet another Classic example of a CrossPosting Troll.
    His Sig is pretty kewl though


    Jim
    Jim Lascola Guest

  17. #17

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    In article <4ld7t-cr2.ln1host.newsservicer.org>,
    Sinister Midget <xunilk-c.rr-com> wrote:
    >On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:00:46 GMT, [email]flippomac.com[/email] blathered and smoked:
    >> Second, you haven't shown a thing that shows Linux to be safer than
    >> MacOS X.
    >Neither did you provide anything to show OS X or prior to be safer than
    >anything.
    The lack of native viruses for OS X should be sufficient.
    >> Last time I checked, there wasn't a single known virus for Mac OS X.
    >> That's not true for Linux.
    >Check a little harder next time.
    >[url]http://www.faqs.org/faqs/computer-virus/macintosh-faq/[/url]
    >Scroll on down to number 7.
    ... and all you'll find is stuff about viruses for the *old* MacOS.
    *Not* OS X. IOW those viruses do not run on OS X.
    >[url]http://www.hawaii.edu/macalerts/[/url]
    From the link you provided above:

    "NOTE: The virus is not a Macintosh virus, it is a MACRO virus - it
    can spread on a Macintosh computer, and on a PC, it tes itself
    like a regular macro virus. It doesn't mass-mail on Macintosh, it like
    does on PC."

    IOW we maccies can recieve the virus, we can even (apparently) pass it
    on if we don't mess with the file, but it won't actually do anything
    by itself when it's on a mac. Why? Because the MacOS (new *and* old)
    is more secure than Windows of any kind.

    Mind you, these macroviruses are a good reason to stay away from
    everything that comes from Microsoft.
    >[url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_macexe.html[/url]
    The viruses I recognized on that list were all from the original
    MacOS. None would work on OS X. And notice how most of those viruses
    were a, b, c, etc versions of the same half dozen viruses.
    >[url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_macworm.html[/url]
    And that page is about the many versions of *one* worm - which like
    the viruses in your previous link does not run on OS X.
    >[url]http://www.macworld.com/2001/01/bc/18melissa/[/url]
    This article is from 2001. Since it does not say anything about OS X
    I'm inclined to think it only affects the old MacOS. Either way, it's
    not so much a Mac virus as a Microsoft macrovirus. Again - stay away
    from Microsoft's stuff. One may view Microsoft applications as
    platforms for running viruses.
    >[url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_flash.html[/url]
    What does this have to do with the Mac?
    >[url]http://antivirus.about.com/library/weekly/aa061101a.htm[/url]
    For the old Mac OS. Not OS X.
    >[url]http://www.sherpasoft.org.uk/MacVirus.archive/reference/autostart.html[/url]
    The Hong Kong Worm was for the old Mac OS.
    >More than just virus information enclosed in the following, but it has that in
    >it, too:
    >[url]http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletinsByType/vndr_apple_bulletins.html[/url]
    Look at the dates for the virus bulletins; they're all from the
    eighties and nineties - which means not for OS X.
    >I'll be here when you come up with your comparable list of virus and
    >other malware for linux.
    Your list turned out to be a list of nothing at all. Not one single
    worm or virus for OS X. As for a comparable list, I'll provide you
    with *one* link:

    [url]http://worldtechtribune.com/worldtechtribune/asparticles/buzz/bz0917200[/url]
    2.asp

    One virus (slapper) is more than the zero you came up with for OS X.
    >While I still didn't "prove" that linux is more secure than MAC (sorry,
    >I'm still stupid), neither have you proven the opposite yet.
    I did just now. One Linux virus vs zero for OS X.

    >At the very least I've shown satisfactorily that your claim that none
    >exist for MAC (man, am I a dumb or what?) is either absolutely and
    >completely false, or it is an uninformed statement.
    The uninformed one is yourself. You would have done yourself a favour
    by reading those links you provided. Afaik there are no viruses/worms
    for OS X. At worst we might have problems with some Microsoft macros,
    but that can be avoided by not using their products.
    >Now, at least, the uninformed part should be remedied if that was the
    >problem.
    Want some salt with that crow?

    (ridiculously long newgroup list trimmed)

    --

    C Lund, Oslo
    [url]http://www.notam02.no/~clund/[/url]
    C Lund Guest

  18. #18

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    In article <4ld7t-cr2.ln1host.newsservicer.org>,
    Sinister Midget <xunilk-c.rr-com> wrote:
    > <html><input type crash></html>
    > begin fix
    >
    > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:00:46 GMT, [email]flippomac.com[/email] blathered and smoked:
    >
    > > In article <r667t-vcr.ln1host.newsservicer.org>,
    > > Sinister Midget <xunilk-c.rr-com> wrote:
    > >
    > >> <html><input type crash></html>
    > >> begin fix
    > >>
    > >> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:35:03 GMT, [email]flipflippo.com[/email] blathered and smoked:
    > >>
    > >> > In article <20030630204438.B17AF5EC05mail.zedz.net>,
    > >>
    > >> >> As for Macintosh users, well some people like paying more for less.
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >>
    > >> >
    > >> > Sure. I paid a bit more. And I get less:
    > >> >
    > >> > Less viruses
    > >> > Less hassle
    > >> > Less problems
    > >> > Less intrusion from Microsoft
    > >> > Less spyware
    > >>
    > >> I get less of those too. It didn't cost me 3 months salary either. In
    > >> fact it cost me about $350 total for the machinery and about $.30 for
    > >> the media, plus whatever the value of the labor to download and burn
    > >> it.
    > >>
    > >> > Thanks for pointing that out.
    > >>
    > >> No, thank YOU for allowing me to show Linux is as safe as MAC (safer
    > >> actually, but we'll leave that for now). And it's *much* cheaper, too.
    > >
    > > Nonsense.
    > >
    > > First, it's "Mac", not "MAC". You've just labelled yourself as a moron.
    >
    > Well, color me ashamed!
    >
    > > Second, you haven't shown a thing that shows Linux to be safer than
    > > MacOS X.
    >
    > Neither did you provide anything to show OS X or prior to be safer than
    > anything.
    It's been well doented to be safer than Windows.

    OTOH, I didn't show it to be safer than Linux since I never made that
    claim.

    YOU claimed that Linux was safer than OS X. Since there isn't a single
    known OS X virus, I'm curious how you reached that conclusion. In any
    event, you're the one who claimed that Linux was safer, so feel free to
    provide evidence.
    >
    > Let's start over on that point. Your turn since you went first last
    > time and it still isn't settled.
    Nice try. You're the one who claimed that Linux is safer than OS X. Back
    up your own claim.
    >
    > > Last time I checked, there wasn't a single known virus for Mac OS X.
    > > That's not true for Linux.
    >
    > Check a little harder next time.
    >
    > [url]http://www.faqs.org/faqs/computer-virus/macintosh-faq/[/url]
    >
    > Scroll on down to number 7.
    Not a single word about OS X.

    Nice try, tough.

    The rest of these are also oudated Mac OS Classic viruses - or Word
    Trojans.
    >
    > [url]http://www.hawaii.edu/macalerts/[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_macexe.html[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_macworm.html[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.macworld.com/2001/01/bc/18melissa/[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/yses/index_flash.html[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://antivirus.about.com/library/weekly/aa061101a.htm[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.sherpasoft.org.uk/MacVirus.archive/reference/autostart.html[/url]
    >
    > More than just virus information enclosed in the following, but it has that
    > in it, too:
    >
    > [url]http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletinsByType/vndr_apple_bulletins.html[/url]
    >
    > I'll be here when you come up with your comparable list of virus and
    > other malware for linux.
    So far, you haven't found a single virus that affects OS X.

    So where's the evidence that Linux is safer?
    >
    > While I still didn't "prove" that linux is more secure than MAC (sorry,
    That's right. you STILL haven't backed up your claim.
    > I'm still stupid), neither have you proven the opposite yet. What I
    Yes, you are.
    > _have_ shown is at least some semblance of evidence that you might be
    > wrong barring something more supportive of your claims to the contrary.
    Sorry, you're the one who made the claim.

    And I fail to see how a Mac OX 7.1 virus is relevant to OS X.
    >
    > At the very least I've shown satisfactorily that your claim that none
    > exist for MAC (man, am I a dumb or what?) is either absolutely and
    > completely false, or it is an uninformed statement.
    I never claimed that no viruses existed for Macs. I said that they're
    unknown for Mac OS X.

    So, in addition to being too stupid to understand that "Mac" isn't an
    acronym, you can't even tell the difference between Mac OS 7 and Mac OS
    X.
    >
    > Now, at least, the uninformed part should be remedied if that was the
    > problem.
    You sure haven't informed yourself at all.
    flip Guest

  19. #19

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    On Tue 01 Jul 2003 07:56:24a, flip <flippomac.com> wrote in
    news:flippo-161981.06521401072003news.central.cox.net:
    > In article <4ld7t-cr2.ln1host.newsservicer.org>,
    > Sinister Midget <xunilk-c.rr-com> wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 03:00:46 GMT, [email]flippomac.com[/email] blathered and
    >> smoked:
    >>
    >>> In article <r667t-vcr.ln1host.newsservicer.org>,
    >>> Sinister Midget <xunilk-c.rr-com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 21:35:03 GMT, [email]flipflippo.com[/email] blathered and
    >>>> smoked:
    >>>>
    >>>>> In article <20030630204438.B17AF5EC05mail.zedz.net>,
    >>>>
    >>>>>> As for Macintosh users, well some people like paying more for
    >>>>>> less.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Sure. I paid a bit more. And I get less:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Less viruses
    >>>>> Less hassle
    >>>>> Less problems
    >>>>> Less intrusion from Microsoft
    >>>>> Less spyware
    >>>>
    >>>> I get less of those too. It didn't cost me 3 months salary
    >>>> either. In fact it cost me about $350 total for the machinery
    >>>> and about $.30 for the media, plus whatever the value of the
    >>>> labor to download and burn it.
    >>>>
    >>>>> Thanks for pointing that out.
    >>>>
    >>>> No, thank YOU for allowing me to show Linux is as safe as MAC
    >>>> (safer actually, but we'll leave that for now). And it's *much*
    >>>> cheaper, too.
    >>>
    >>> Nonsense.
    >>>
    >>> First, it's "Mac", not "MAC". You've just labelled yourself as a
    >>> moron.
    >>
    >> Well, color me ashamed!
    >>
    >>> Second, you haven't shown a thing that shows Linux to be safer
    >>> than MacOS X.
    >>
    >> Neither did you provide anything to show OS X or prior to be safer
    >> than anything.
    >
    > It's been well doented to be safer than Windows.
    >
    > OTOH, I didn't show it to be safer than Linux since I never made
    > that claim.
    >
    > YOU claimed that Linux was safer than OS X. Since there isn't a
    > single known OS X virus, I'm curious how you reached that
    > conclusion. In any event, you're the one who claimed that Linux was
    > safer, so feel free to provide evidence.
    Why would someone bother writing a virus for a system that no one uses?


    --
    __________
    =\ /================================
    ==\ /==You know how dumb the average==
    ===\ /===guy is? Well half of everyone==
    ====\ /======is even dumber than that=====
    =====\/====================================

    [url]http://31337.pl[/url]
    Omphalos Guest

  20. #20

    Default Re: Will Macs ever be as good as PCs?

    Nah. While the Macintosh community continues to shower its choice of
    computer with praise, the rest of the world can't help but shake their
    heads.

    The world moved on long ago.
    Dingleberry Guest

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Not just Macs
    By somepjguy@gmail.com in forum Adobe Acrobat Macintosh
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 22nd, 03:07 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: April 27th, 04:44 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 3rd, 11:31 AM
  4. PAL DVD's on Macs?
    By in forum Mac Applications & Software
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 26th, 10:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139