Professional Web Applications Themes

Win2003 Terminal Server-client access problems - Windows Server

I am running Windows2003 server with Terminal Server installed. I have an application on the server which I want clients to access (use) through Remote Desktop connection. The first client that loggs in can use the application. If another client loggs on (with the Remote Desktop) and tries to run this application it gets exception and the program crashes. Why cant I let two users run the same application inside the Terminal server?...

  1. #1

    Default Win2003 Terminal Server-client access problems

    I am running Windows2003 server with Terminal Server
    installed. I have an application on the server which I
    want clients to access (use) through Remote Desktop
    connection. The first client that loggs in can use the
    application. If another client loggs on (with the Remote
    Desktop) and tries to run this application it gets
    exception and the program crashes. Why cant I let two
    users run the same application inside the Terminal server?
    Einar Guest

  2. #2

    There is no problem for two or more users to run other
    applications. The problem lies in one specific
    application which I wrote. This application
    (client/server application) is running without a problem
    is client/server environment. Now one of my customers
    wants to use it in Remote Desktop environment where this
    error occure.
    Einar.

    Einar Guest

  3. #3

    I suggest you have a test to know if there's problem or bug of the
    application.

    Try to let two or more users run another application at the same time in
    remote desktop, to see if it is the problem of terminal server or the
    problem of that application.

    --
    Regards,

    Nuo Yan
    MCP, MCDBA, Charter MCDST, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2000,
    Microsoft MVP - Windows

    Please respond to newsgroups only ...

    "Einar" <einarhafl.is> wrote in message
    >I am running Windows2003 server with Terminal Server
    > installed. I have an application on the server which I
    > want clients to access (use) through Remote Desktop
    > connection. The first client that loggs in can use the
    > application. If another client loggs on (with the Remote
    > Desktop) and tries to run this application it gets
    > exception and the program crashes. Why cant I let two
    > users run the same application inside the Terminal server?

    Nuo Yan[MS MVP] Guest

  4. #4

    So we confirmed that's your application's problem (bug).

    If the C/S application is developed using any socket protocol, it may cause
    server problem when it's runned in terminal mode.

    You may post a question to developer newsgroup to let developer experts know
    your application's problem, and they may help on providing solutions to
    improve the application.

    --

    "Einar" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > There is no problem for two or more users to run other
    > applications. The problem lies in one specific
    > application which I wrote. This application
    > (client/server application) is running without a problem
    > is client/server environment. Now one of my customers
    > wants to use it in Remote Desktop environment where this
    > error occure.
    > Einar.

    Nuo Yan[MS MVP] Guest