Professional Web Applications Themes

Win2k Intranet from OS X - Mac Networking

spacemancw <spacemancw> wrote: > > Is there a clinet I need for OS X? Or does the admin need to allow > Anonymous access on the IIS server? > Your admin probably needs to allow Basic authentication alongside with integrated Windows authentication. No browsers other than Windows based Internet Explorers are able to use this form of authentication afaik. -e...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Win2k Intranet from OS X

    spacemancw <spacemancw> wrote:

    > Is there a clinet I need for OS X? Or does the admin need to allow
    > Anonymous access on the IIS server?

    Your admin probably needs to allow Basic authentication alongside with
    integrated Windows authentication. No browsers other than Windows based
    Internet Explorers are able to use this form of authentication afaik.

    -e
    egilDOTnet Guest

  2. #2

    Jerry Kindall <jerrykindallnospam.invalid> wrote:
    > In article <1fxzvh8.tzey1yrfc8fcN%egilNO.egil.SPAM.net>, egilDOTnet
    > <egilNO.egil.SPAM.net> wrote:
    >
    > > spacemancw <spacemancw> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Is there a clinet I need for OS X? Or does the admin need to allow
    > > > Anonymous access on the IIS server?
    > >
    > > Your admin probably needs to allow Basic authentication alongside with
    > > integrated Windows authentication. No browsers other than Windows based
    > > Internet Explorers are able to use this form of authentication afaik.
    >
    > Internet Explorer for Macintosh is the only Mac browser that can do
    > Windows authentication to Web sites.
    Are you sure this works? Since your Mac probably isnt authenticating
    against the Windows NT domain/W2K forest you have on the intranet, how
    will IE for Mac handle this? Even if it understands the protocol, you
    are not authenticated and registered with any credentials...

    -e
    egilDOTnet Guest

  3. #3

    In article <1fy0bt4.102jezk1tpgj90N%egilNO.egil.SPAM.net>, egilDOTnet
    <egilNO.egil.SPAM.net> wrote:
    > Jerry Kindall <jerrykindallnospam.invalid> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <1fxzvh8.tzey1yrfc8fcN%egilNO.egil.SPAM.net>, egilDOTnet
    > > <egilNO.egil.SPAM.net> wrote:

    > > > Your admin probably needs to allow Basic authentication alongside with
    > > > integrated Windows authentication. No browsers other than Windows based
    > > > Internet Explorers are able to use this form of authentication afaik.
    > >
    > > Internet Explorer for Macintosh is the only Mac browser that can do
    > > Windows authentication to Web sites.
    >
    > Are you sure this works? Since your Mac probably isnt authenticating
    > against the Windows NT domain/W2K forest you have on the intranet, how
    > will IE for Mac handle this? Even if it understands the protocol, you
    > are not authenticated and registered with any credentials...
    I'm sure it works. If IE is using this authentication method, a
    Windows logo comes up in the authentication dialog and you can enter an
    NT domain to be authenticated against, in addition to the usual
    username and password.

    When replying by e-mail, use plain text ONLY to make sure I read it.
    Due to spam and viruses, I filter all mail with HTML or attachments.
    Jerry Kindall Guest

  4. #4

    Jerry Kindall <jerrykindallnospam.invalid> wrote:

    > > Are you sure this works? Since your Mac probably isnt authenticating
    > > against the Windows NT domain/W2K forest you have on the intranet, how
    > > will IE for Mac handle this? Even if it understands the protocol, you
    > > are not authenticated and registered with any credentials...
    >
    > I'm sure it works. If IE is using this authentication method, a
    > Windows logo comes up in the authentication dialog and you can enter an
    > NT domain to be authenticated against, in addition to the usual
    > username and password.
    Aha! I have never tried this, but that ought to work. Thanks for
    correcting me! :)

    Cheers,

    Egil
    egilDOTnet Guest

  5. #5

    Yep this workss with IE.
    U get the dialog box for the name, password and domain.
    Safari .... come on .. u should be able to do this.

    Roger

    > Well folks I'll find out tomorrow when I go to work. I thought about
    > IE after I got home. I had written to my Net Adin asking for help ...
    > and as usual I got "Sorry I can't help u further" ...
    > Anyway hopefully Apple can add domain authentication to Safari.
    >
    > I'll be back
    spacemancw Guest