Professional Web Applications Themes

window resize - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hello, Is it possible to have a thumbnail in one cell of a table and the linked image open in another cell of the same or another table on the same page? I'd like to avoid frames where I can. Thanks -- Harvey Waxman DMD 73 Wright Lane Wickford, RI 02852...

  1. #1

    Default window resize

    --
    Harvey Waxman DMD
    73 Wright Lane

  2. #2

    Default Re: window resize

    Harvey:

    I'm glad you finally found your way here.

    Yes - this is possible!

    There was a fair thread discussing the alternatives just the other day -

    Go here -

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]

    and search for this subject line -

    how to swap multiple images from one table into another table?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Harvey Waxman" <hwaxmancox.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is it possible to have a thumbnail in one cell of a table and the linked
    image
    > open in another cell of the same or another table on the same page? I'd
    like
    > to avoid frames where I can.
    >
    > Thanks
    > --
    > Harvey Waxman DMD
    > 73 Wright Lane
    > Wickford, RI 02852

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Harvey:

    As described in the thread, you can make all images the same size by adding
    padding to the image's canvas.

    However, the very best solution is not to do it that way at all, since your
    page weight will quickly become unmanageable (depending on what you mean
    when you say "full size"). The best way is to have your thumbs open a
    separate browser window containing the fullsized image. This has several
    advantages - a) the new window can be sized to fit the image exactly so it
    works well for images of varying dimensions, and b) the full weight of the
    larger images is not added to the weight of the page with the thumbs.

    You can do all of this using the JustSoPictureWindow extension from the MM
    Exchange which works beautifully.
    > but what I'd really like is to know what the window
    > size is and serve the appropriate image, if there is an easy way to do
    that

    There is not.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > In article <bei6sv$c1g$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Yes - this is possible!
    > >
    > > There was a fair thread discussing the alternatives just the other day -
    > >
    > > Go here -

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]

    > > and search for this subject line -
    > >
    > > how to swap multiple images from one table into another table?
    >
    > Thanks Murray,
    >
    > The solution in that htread requires the images be the same size and I
    wanted
    > to have a thumbnail open a full size image. I can do it fine with frames
    but as
    > I said, I'd like to avoid that. Unless most browsers are frames enabled
    pretty
    > much of the time.
    >
    > I really don't know what people have. For instance, I'd like people not
    > have to scroll to see an image. I can size the images for the least
    common
    > denominator, say 800 x 600 but what I'd really like is to know what the
    window
    > size is and serve the appropriate image, if there is an easy way to do
    that.

    > Harvey
    >

    > --
    > Harvey Waxman DMD
    > 73 Wright Lane
    > Wickford, RI 02852

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    In article <bei83g$dko$1forums.macromedia.com>,
    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote:
    > Harvey:
    >
    > As described in the thread, you can make all images the same size by adding
    > padding to the image's canvas.
    >
    > However, the very best solution is not to do it that way at all, since your
    > page weight will quickly become unmanageable (depending on what you mean
    > when you say "full size"). The best way is to have your thumbs open a
    > separate browser window containing the fullsized image. This has several
    > advantages - a) the new window can be sized to fit the image exactly so it
    > works well for images of varying dimensions, and b) the full weight of the
    > larger images is not added to the weight of the page with the thumbs.
    >
    > You can do all of this using the JustSoPictureWindow extension from the MM
    > Exchange which works beautifully.
    >
    > > but what I'd really like is to know what the window
    > > size is and serve the appropriate image, if there is an easy way to do
    > that
    >
    > There is not.
    Again, thanks for the help

    Harvey

    --

    Harvey Waxman
    Harvey Products makers of Dinghy Dogs

  5. #5

    Does anyone know how to resize the window in Dreamweaver MX 2004? So that no
    matter what size screen you have, whether your working on a 15", 17", or 19",
    that it all looks the same and acts in the same way.

    crewcutlawncare Guest