Professional Web Applications Themes

Window user wants 2 monitors too! - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have been following the discussion in this group about the use of two monitors with interest. It was focused on the Mac since that was the system the OP asked about, but I - as a mere but quite happy Windows user - would like to use two monitors too. My graphics card is a Nvidia Ge Forced4 MX 420, which - I think - should be OK with two monitors, but I would still like some more info. Do I need additional software? How do I get pallettes from screen A to screen B? Or does this all ...

  1. #1

    Default Window user wants 2 monitors too!

    I have been following the discussion in this group about the use of two
    monitors with interest. It was focused on the Mac since that was the system
    the OP asked about, but I - as a mere but quite happy Windows user - would
    like to use two monitors too.

    My graphics card is a Nvidia Ge Forced4 MX 420, which - I think - should be
    OK with two monitors, but I would still like some more info.

    Do I need additional software?
    How do I get pallettes from screen A to screen B?
    Or does this all work like magic?

    Thanks!

    --
    Groet, Adriana.
    [Gravity is a myth. The Earth s.]

  2. #2

    Default Re: Window user wants 2 monitors too!

    The first thing you ought to do is visit nVidia's website and see if your
    videocard odes support dual monitors.

    <com> wrote in message
    system
    be

    JoAnn_Amerson@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 13:53:15 -0800, com wrote:

    As far as I understand the techno speak, I think dual monitors are
    supported. I was hoping someone could confirm this and explain about the
    practicalities.

  4. #4

    Since yu want to make certain first (which is an excellent idea), I'd
    suggest contacting your computer manufacturer if the video card was part of
    the original configuration. If it was an add-in by you or someone else,
    contact the video card manufacturer.

    Gotta love the web for the ability to contact these people! ;-)

    <com> wrote in message
    news:d6qij8f4fsso$translatoria.com... [/ref]
    your

  5. #5

    Adriana,

    Usually it is as simple as right-clicking your desktop and choosing properties. If you have two displays connected you should see the choice somewhere to have dual monitors set up. It can be in the Settings>Advanced>Monitor area or in the tab for your video card (Nvidia for example). There may be some options for how you want the desktop to be displayed. Once set up, when you launch Elements you should be able to simply drag your palettes over to the second monitor and use the main monitor for the image.

    As others have indicated, the exact setup can vary by video card, so a trip to the website of your card supplier is a good idea, but if your card supports it, it is not terribly difficult.

    Note: I haven't done this in a while, so my steps might not be perfect, but they should cover it approximately.

    Rich
    Richard_Coencas@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:14:09 -0800, com wrote:

    That would really be great.
    I use an e-book to teach myself and would love to have that on the second
    monitor as well, but perhaps that is too much to ask?

    I have look up my card and downloaded the latest drivers: there definitely
    was talk of a dual set up there, but I cannot get the display back - never
    mind, that is not an issue for this group, I'll ask Nvidia.

    Thank you all: without this group the idea that one might use two monitors
    had not even entered my mind!