Professional Web Applications Themes

Windows Explorer Folders Won't Open - Windows Server

Windows Server 2003 ================ Immediately after installing KnowledgeBase "How to add the print directory feature to Windows Explorer" [1] I observed that the Windows Explorer would no longer allow me to double-click on a folder to view its contents. I am able to navigate through folders using other applications that access the file system. Just not via Windows Explorer. I've tried using Google to search for articles but haven't found anything and I need help understanding how to restore the functionality that once allowed me to navigate through folders when using Windows Explorer. Another oddity I observed (which may be ...

  1. #1

    Default Windows Explorer Folders Won't Open

    Windows Server 2003
    ================

    Immediately after installing KnowledgeBase "How to add the print
    directory feature to Windows Explorer" [1] I observed that the
    Windows Explorer would no longer allow me to double-click
    on a folder to view its contents.

    I am able to navigate through folders using other applications
    that access the file system. Just not via Windows Explorer.

    I've tried using Google to search for articles but haven't found
    anything and I need help understanding how to restore the functionality
    that once allowed me to navigate through folders when using
    Windows Explorer.

    Another oddity I observed (which may be normal behavior but
    still has me puzzeled) is the fact that when selecting the 'File Folder'
    file type via...

    Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types > Advanced

    I observe that the Edit and Remove buttons are greyed out.
    I can create a New entry but I am brain dead and do not know
    what argument I need to use to Open a folder that I can then use
    the File Type Editor dialog to set as the default.

    Any help with this please?

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com

    [1] [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;272623[/url]

    clintonG Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Windows Explorer Folders Won't Open

    Resolved by [1]

    --

    [1] [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186[/url]