Professional Web Applications Themes

Windows iTunes, how do I re-enable auto-sync?? - Mac Applications & Software

When I installed iTunes I chose to NOT keep my system sync'd with my iPod, well, now I want to.. :( But I've dug around everywhere and I can't seem to find the option to enable it! How do I re-enable iTunes Auto-Sync??? I tried to reinstall but the same settings appear to take (Left behind registry entries?) and it doesn't ask me if I want to enable Auto-Sync.. HELP! :(...

  1. #1

    Default Windows iTunes, how do I re-enable auto-sync??

    When I installed iTunes I chose to NOT keep my system sync'd with my
    iPod, well, now I want to.. :( But I've dug around everywhere and I
    can't seem to find the option to enable it!

    How do I re-enable iTunes Auto-Sync??? I tried to reinstall but the
    same settings appear to take (Left behind registry entries?) and it
    doesn't ask me if I want to enable Auto-Sync..

    HELP! :(
    Chris Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Windows iTunes, how do I re-enable auto-sync??

    Chris A. Epler <net> wrote:

    I haven't yet used iTunes for Windows with my iPod (don't think I ever will,
    I like using XPlay) but on the Mac you get that option only when the iPod
    is attached and visible to iTunes.. it is in the little menu box accessible
    when you click on the iPod icon on the bottom right corner (i.e. where the
    visualizer and equalizer buttons are). This button only shows up when the
    iPod is connected.

    Kevin Guest

  3. #3

    In article <google.com>,
    net (Chris A. Epler) wrote:

    Come on people, Windows iTunes is not a *mac.app* so please discuss it
    in the windoze newsgroups. or call michael dell, he might be able to
    help you.
    chibitul Guest

  4. #4

    chibitul <com> wrote:

    There is clearly a connection between Windows iTunes and Mac apps. Besides,
    the programs are supposed to function identically, so the answer on the Mac
    iTunes is probably going to be the answer he needs.

    I don't think Michael Dell would be any more qualified to answer his questions
    than you or I.

    Kevin Guest

  5. #5

    Kevin <invalid> wrote:

    So, by this logic, should Windows users ask questions here about
    FileMaker Pro, too?

    --
    Mike Rosenberg

    Mike Guest

  6. #6

    In article <1g34b5c.odws8llh76m8N%invalid>,
    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

    > So, by this logic[/ref]

    Where, where? Who dared use 'logic' in Usenet! After the vandal!

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  7. #7

    Mike Rosenberg <invalid> wrote:
     [/ref]

    If the program was icon-for-icon identical on Windows then on the Mac,
    I don't see why they couldn't, particularly if there was no corresponding
    Windows newsgroup, and especially if FileMaker Pro had only been released
    for Windows 3 days ago, so nobody in the Windows world would have had any
    experience with it.

    Kevin Guest

  8. #8

    chibitul <com> wrote in message news:<news.prodigy.com>...

    > Come on people, Windows iTunes is not a *mac.app* so please discuss it
    > in the windoze newsgroups. or call michael dell, he might be able to
    > help you.[/ref]

    Thank you for your inciteful and so eloquently put message, you were
    such a wonderul help, I cannot begin to thank you enough!
    Chris Guest

  9. #9

    In article <google.com>,
    net (Chris A. Epler) wrote:

    U R welcome.

    --
    Enough <com>
    Enough Guest

  10. #10

    invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote in message news:<1g34b5c.odws8llh76m8N%invalid>...

    > So, by this logic, should Windows users ask questions here about
    > FileMaker Pro, too?[/ref]

    Well, I located the answer to my problem, but it seems I'm not
    "allowed" to post it here, sorry.
    Chris Guest

  11. #11

    In article <bmvrf8$55$ccs.carleton.ca>,
    Kevin <invalid> wrote:

    > There is clearly a connection between Windows iTunes and Mac apps. Besides,
    > the programs are supposed to function identically, so the answer on the Mac
    > iTunes is probably going to be the answer he needs.[/ref]

    Are you serious? They may "appear" identincal, but I believe there are
    major differences underneath. If not, please explain these:

    1) Why it took so long to write a windows version of iTunes? it's not
    just re-compile fir winterl, is it?

    2) How dows iTunes deal with FireWire/USB cards and DVD-R or CD-R drives
    on the Wintel platform? On OS X Apple provides the majority of the
    drivers for these peripherals.
    Why not? I have no intention to learn how Wintel works, he *probably*
    knows (does he???).
    chibitul Guest

  12. #12

    chibitul <com> wrote: [/ref]

    That was my point, that they appear identical. He did not ask questions
    about the underlaying stuff, like "How come Windows iTunes does not recognize
    my Firewire card?" -- he asked about where a prefs panel was supposed to be
    located in the program. I answered that since the GUI "feel" is supposed
    to be identical, likely the answer he wants would be the same whether it is
    the Windows version or not.
    Kevin Guest

  13. #13

    In article <bn2563$u5$ccs.carleton.ca>,
    Kevin <invalid> wrote:
     [/ref]

    > That was my point, that they appear identical. He did not ask questions
    > about the underlaying stuff, like "How come Windows iTunes does not recognize
    > my Firewire card?" -- he asked about where a prefs panel was supposed to be
    > located in the program. I answered that since the GUI "feel" is supposed
    > to be identical, likely the answer he wants would be the same whether it is
    > the Windows version or not.[/ref]

    fair enough, I get your point. So what are we gonna do now, shall we
    re-name this groups to something like "comp.sys.mac-style.apps" :?)
    chibitul Guest

  14. #14

    In article
    <news.prodigy.com>, chibitul
    <com> wrote:

    > > That was my point, that they appear identical. He did not ask
    > > questions about the underlaying stuff, like "How come Windows
    > > iTunes does not recognize my Firewire card?" -- he asked about
    > > where a prefs panel was supposed to be located in the program. I
    > > answered that since the GUI "feel" is supposed to be identical,
    > > likely the answer he wants would be the same whether it is the
    > > Windows version or not.[/ref]
    >
    > fair enough, I get your point. So what are we gonna do now, shall we
    > re-name this groups to something like "comp.sys.mac-style.apps" :?)[/ref]

    I'm not sure what the apropriate NG for iTunes Windows questions would
    be (perhaps comp.multimedia), but I don't think a Mac newsgroup would
    be appropriate. Anyway, Apple's site has a iTunes for Windows
    discussion board at <http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX/ituneswin>.

    Emily

    --
    "If it seem slow, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay."
    Emily Jackson

  15. #15

    chibitul <com> wrote in message news:<news.prodigy.com>... [/ref]

    > > That was my point, that they appear identical. He did not ask questions
    > > about the underlaying stuff, like "How come Windows iTunes does not recognize
    > > my Firewire card?" -- he asked about where a prefs panel was supposed to be
    > > located in the program. I answered that since the GUI "feel" is supposed
    > > to be identical, likely the answer he wants would be the same whether it is
    > > the Windows version or not.[/ref]
    >
    > fair enough, I get your point. So what are we gonna do now, shall we
    > re-name this groups to something like "comp.sys.mac-style.apps" :?)[/ref]

    Well, keeping your mouths shut unless you have usefull information and
    not behaving like a jackass elistist Mac snob might be a start. In
    fact, yes, I'm quite sure that the graphical interface of the Mac
    version corresponds close enough to have answered my question but no,
    you had to behave in this manner providing absolutely no useful
    information and just labeling yourself as above. Get a life.
    Chris Guest

  16. #16

    In article <google.com>,
    net (Chris A. Epler) wrote:

    If the Windows version has the same behavior as the mac version, you can
    click the iPod icon in the lower right corner of the iTunes window to
    bring up a dialog box from which you select the iPod options.

    --
    Tom Stiller

    PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
    7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
    Tom Guest

  17. #17

    Tom Stiller <net> wrote in message news:<ash.giganews.com>...

    Thank you Tom for a logical, considerate and helpful response to my
    inquiry. It is very much appreciated (But I had found that icon prior
    to seeing this). I just wish that Apple would have placed these
    options in a tab under the Preferences menu item under the Edit menu
    as that would seem a more logical place to consolidate the options.

    Thanks again.
    Chris Guest

  18. #18

    In article <google.com>,
    net (Chris A. Epler) wrote:

    > > fair enough, I get your point. So what are we gonna do now, shall we
    > > re-name this groups to something like "comp.sys.mac-style.apps" :?)[/ref]
    >
    > Well, keeping your mouths shut unless you have usefull information and
    > not behaving like a jackass elistist Mac snob might be a start. In
    > fact, yes, I'm quite sure that the graphical interface of the Mac
    > version corresponds close enough to have answered my question but no,
    > you had to behave in this manner providing absolutely no useful
    > information and just labeling yourself as above. Get a life.[/ref]

    Speaking for myself, I hope you don't stereotype us all as snobs. I
    think they went a bit over the edge on this one. It's an app Maccies
    have been using for a while and since it was just released for Windows,
    this seems to me the logical place to get an answer.
    Just my 2

    Clark

    Work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt,
    and dance like nobody is watching.
    Clark Guest

  19. #19

    Clark Kent <com> wrote in message news:<attbi.com>...

    No, of course I don't consider the entire Apple community as such.
    It's just the few bad Apples like HIM that give you a bad name. ;-P
    And yes, I looked at the newsgroups and which had talk about iTunes
    and figured this was the most logical place to post a question such as
    this (besides the iTunes forums which I didn't think would get nearly
    as much visibility). Evidently this individual seems to think he'll
    get infected with PC-ness or something and doesn't want any PC users
    here, quite odd. I have nothing against Macs, especially now that
    they're running a *NIX based OS. :) And I absolutely LOVE my new 40GB
    iPod to death!
    Chris Guest

  20. #20

    In article <google.com>,
    net (Chris A. Epler) wrote:

    > No, of course I don't consider the entire Apple community as such.
    > It's just the few bad Apples like HIM that give you a bad name. ;-P
    > And yes, I looked at the newsgroups and which had talk about iTunes
    > and figured this was the most logical place to post a question such as
    > this (besides the iTunes forums which I didn't think would get nearly
    > as much visibility). Evidently this individual seems to think he'll
    > get infected with PC-ness or something and doesn't want any PC users
    > here, quite odd. I have nothing against Macs, especially now that
    > they're running a *NIX based OS. :) And I absolutely LOVE my new 40GB
    > iPod to death![/ref]

    Well, maybe a positive experience with the iPod and iTunes will put a
    Mac in your future as well <g>