Professional Web Applications Themes

Windows Plugin - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi again! Here's a pack of free plugins (sorry, Windows only). Now, all of them can be ted using commands found in PS / PSE. But... The Digi-lens Atomic Split is quite fun! [url]http://morepunkinstuff.tripod.com/filters/Rcs/rcs.html[/url] Now, just don't run and play with any known relatives picture with this, especially if you intend to show up your work afterwards... you might suddenly be an orphan, or disinherited :) Ray Side Note : Why is it that several plugins only exist for Windows users ? Is it that difficult to convert a plugin for Mac ? I feel for Mac users, because they ...

  1. #1

    Default Windows Plugin

    Hi again!

    Here's a pack of free plugins (sorry, Windows only). Now, all of them can
    be ted using commands found in PS / PSE. But... The Digi-lens Atomic
    Split is quite fun!

    [url]http://morepunkinstuff.tripod.com/filters/Rcs/rcs.html[/url]

    Now, just don't run and play with any known relatives picture with this,
    especially if you intend to show up your work afterwards... you might
    suddenly be an orphan, or disinherited :)

    Ray
    Side Note : Why is it that several plugins only exist for Windows users ?
    Is it that difficult to convert a plugin for Mac ? I feel for Mac users,
    because they have an equally capable machine.

    Ray Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Windows Plugin

    Hi, Ray. In answer to your question, I don't think it's that it's particularly difficult, but rather that it's hard to know what to do. While the general public has really started migrating to X now, that's pretty recent. Even a year ago I would have advised people to think about it before jumping.

    The big problem is that in the graphics industry, the switch to X has been much slower, primarily because Quark is still the industry standard, and they just got around to announcing Quark for X this month. But there are a LOT of problems, supposedly, with the X version, and even then what makes Quark work is the third party X-tensions that let you customize your work flow and none of those are available for X yet. I've only heard of one maker who's even announced they plan to port their Xtensions to X.

    So if you are a graphics pro, you may be stuck in mac os 9 (even in the sheet music business, I am--no finale for X), so for a plug-in developer it's still a big headache deciding whether to do it for X or for the old os. I don't blame people for just avoiding the issue.

    Also, truthfully, I think the popularity of X caught a lot of developers by surprise. They figured it would either never get off the ground or take many more years to become the preferred OS for the average mac user. I'm pretty sure that's what happened with Finale. Their annual report for last year acknowledges that nobody much bought Finale 2003 and it seems to finally be sinking in that people just won't buy OS 9 software anymore.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  3. #3

    Barbara,

    Thanks for the very detailed explanations :) As always, I find this very,
    very interesting!

    Perhaps, if I may ask... How is a plugin written ? In C++ (or any other
    high level language?). Is there a kit to automatically convert a plugin
    from one platform to another?

    I feel very curious this morning.

    Thanks,

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    It depends, Ray. Here <http://www.apple.com/developer> is Apple's developer page, which should answer some of your questions.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  5. #5

    More Windows plugins :

    [url]http://www.dagree.net/pspdownloads/funhouse1.html[/url]

    Those are lenses effects. They are really cool and would be difficult to
    te under PS / PSE.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  6. #6

    Ray,
    Is there anywhere you can see samples of the Funhouse filters before downloading? I don't seem to have any where to go but to download and there are no samples on the page that opens.......and no links that work for me......

    Thanks,
    Lynn
    Lynn D. Green Guest

  7. #7

    Lynn,

    I've put on my pbase account the summary picture for these filters :
    [url]http://www.pbase.com/image/18444645[/url]

    When you open the page of the link, click on the word download. They are
    for Windows only, by the way.

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  8. #8

    Is there a plug-in that mimicks Photoshops channels more completely than
    Elements?

    Tom

    --
    Thomas Wright, Ph.D.
    [url]www.pbs-zone.com[/url]
    "Ray" <carbone_2000hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:DD653EBA07B7F042A546EC5624006634in.WebX.la2e afNXanI...
    > Hi again!
    >
    > Here's a pack of free plugins (sorry, Windows only). Now, all of them can
    > be ted using commands found in PS / PSE. But... The Digi-lens
    Atomic
    > Split is quite fun!
    >
    > [url]http://morepunkinstuff.tripod.com/filters/Rcs/rcs.html[/url]
    >
    > Now, just don't run and play with any known relatives picture with this,
    > especially if you intend to show up your work afterwards... you might
    > suddenly be an orphan, or disinherited :)
    >
    > Ray
    > Side Note : Why is it that several plugins only exist for Windows users ?
    > Is it that difficult to convert a plugin for Mac ? I feel for Mac users,
    > because they have an equally capable machine.

    Thomas Wright Guest

  9. #9

    Hi Ray....thanks for posting the samples......they look like a lot of fun....
    Silly me......I thought when I clicked on the download button they would start to download........first site I have seen that does not show at least one sample of the filters,etc before you download them......
    Thanks again......
    Lynn
    Lynn D. Green Guest

  10. #10