Professional Web Applications Themes

Windows Vista - Flash Player Pauses When Processing - Macromedia Flash Player

I have migrated over to a new PC with Vista Business installed. Everything was working fine - then I installed ALL available updates. I now have a problem when developing Flash games, they pause when any code is being process - [url]http://www.donpixel.com/play/en/060421094956/[/url] - this Optus game pauses everytime I either click the ball or the ball bounces (everytime the game processes a function / hit test I assume) Is anyone aware of the update which causes this 'juddering' or 'pausing'... as this has now happened on two brand new and individual machines - what is the problem!...

  1. #1

    Default Windows Vista - Flash Player Pauses When Processing

    I have migrated over to a new PC with Vista Business installed.

    Everything was working fine - then I installed ALL available updates. I now
    have a problem when developing Flash games, they pause when any code is being
    process - [url]http://www.donpixel.com/play/en/060421094956/[/url] - this Optus game
    pauses everytime I either click the ball or the ball bounces (everytime the
    game processes a function / hit test I assume)

    Is anyone aware of the update which causes this 'juddering' or 'pausing'... as
    this has now happened on two brand new and individual machines - what is the
    problem!

    mcmnet Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Windows Vista - Flash Player Stutters WhenProcessing

    I am also seeing this same problem with some Flash games using a new install of Vista Home Premium. The same games run just fine under XP.
    sunocox Guest

  3. #3

    So far we've had no reports about this (other than this thread). I'll give it a try and see if i can recreate..
    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  4. #4

    I am also experiencing this problem using Flash Player 9.0.45 in both IE7 and
    FF2.0.0.3 in Vista Home Premium.

    The problem occurs when playing any flash content that accepts input from the
    keyboard (mostly games). For example, Miniclip's Bubble Trouble
    ([url]http://www.miniclip.com/games/bubble-trouble/en/[/url]). Using the arrow keys
    doesn't seem to affect flash player, however, each time the space bar is
    pressed a 1/2 to 1 second pause / stutter occurs.

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash player in both browsers multiple
    times and the problem reoccurs.

    hitman6003 Guest

  5. #5

    Is everyone on this thread running IE7?
    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  6. #6

    Yes, and FF2.0.0.3.

    Is it possible to run IE6 on Vista? If so, I would be willing to try and see if it helps.
    hitman6003 Guest

  7. #7

    I have used the standalone players for Flash 7 and 8 under Vista (I assume this
    means I'm not using IE7) with my games and I still see the stuttering. Also, I
    just upgraded to the latest Flash CS3 Pro and the stuttering still happens. If
    I go to the web site listed in the original post, it stutters for me using IE7.
    Everything works flawlessly under XP using the exact same players/apps so it
    really seems to be something that is Vista specific.

    sunocox Guest

  8. #8

    I can confirm that this is still an issue for some people. Since the last post
    was April, is there a known fix???

    I am using IE7 and Firefox, both latest versions and Flash version 9,0,115,0.

    The links above to games do exactly what the posters described. I am also
    using Vista Business Edition.

    choachy Guest

  9. #9

    Would it help if I said that I am using a laptop with a dual core Intel chip? Any help on this issue would be appreciated.
    Choach Guest

  10. #10

    Well, it wouldn't hurt. I'm inquiring with the tier 1 and 2 teams to see if they've had any similar cases.
    BWolfe Guest

  11. #11

    The solution was posted in another thead. You need to update your audio
    drivers. Some PCs/laptops only have USB audio installed instead of native audio
    drivers for the audio chip. USB audio seems to cause Flash stuttering on Vista.

    sunocox Guest

  12. #12

    While I examine my audio drivers (I'm pretty sure I'm running the latest),
    Cunocox, do you have a link to that thread? I cannot find it.

    BTW, I am running a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a Sigmatel integrated chipset.

    Choach Guest

  13. #13

    Well, I can confirm that it is the sound card causing the problem. While I am
    using the latest and only drivers from Dell, (I will follow up with them for a
    solution, thanks), I figured out the sound card was the problem by disabling it
    in the device manager.

    I'd still appreciate a link to the thread that sunocox mentioned, but I will
    keep looking for it myself.

    Thanks.

    Choach Guest

  14. #14

    OK, sorry for the numerous posts, but I found the thread youre talking about.
    Thanks Sunocox. I'll see if I can find the solution that youre talking about.

    Here is the thread:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1262282&highlight_key=y

    Choach Guest