Professional Web Applications Themes

WindowsXP Service Pack 1 - Windows Setup, Administration & Security

Cathy -- Don't believe everything you read, especially from those who have very little technical background. SP1 is a critical update to Windows XP. I have had absolutely zero (-0-) problems installing it on several computers. Those folks who did have problems apparently had a corrupt Windows XP installation to begin with, or installed some third-party programs that changed XP's essential system files. I would recommend downloading and installing SP1 directly from the following web site, instead of downloading it from the Windows Update web site. Windows XP Service Pack 1 (direct download) http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/default..asp Note: Select "Network Installation" (32-bit) P.S. ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: WindowsXP Service Pack 1

    Cathy --

    Don't believe everything you read, especially from those
    who have very little technical background. SP1 is a critical
    update to Windows XP. I have had absolutely zero (-0-)
    problems installing it on several computers. Those folks
    who did have problems apparently had a corrupt Windows
    XP installation to begin with, or installed some third-party
    programs that changed XP's essential system files.

    I would recommend downloading and installing SP1 directly
    from the following web site, instead of downloading it from
    the Windows Update web site.

    Windows XP Service Pack 1 (direct download)
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/default..asp

    Note: Select "Network Installation" (32-bit)

    P.S. Make sure to disable your antivirus program and close any
    open programs before installing it.

    --
    Nicholas

    "Cathy" <com> wrote in message:

    | I have noted many negative comments in out local
    | newspaper re: XP SP1 causing chaos in PC's after
    | installation; yet Microsoft Updates calls SP1 a critical
    | update. I have not yet downloaded to to negative
    | publicity. What is going on? Am I correct to NOT
    | install SP1 due to problems with it?
    Nicholas Guest

  2. #2

    get a clue Cathy...people like you who do not maintain a computer cause all
    the chaos seen here come lately. OOOHHHHHHHH so many idiots should not even
    own a pc because their dumb.

    "Cathy" <com> wrote in message:

    | I have noted many negative comments in out local
    | newspaper re: XP SP1 causing chaos in PC's after
    | installation; yet Microsoft Updates calls SP1 a critical
    | update. I have not yet downloaded to to negative
    | publicity. What is going on? Am I correct to NOT
    | install SP1 due to problems with it?

    Mark Guest

  3. #3

    Excuse ME, Markey...I did not know that the St.
    Petersburg Times Technical Column Advisor would not only
    print, but advise erroneous information. As for being
    ooohhhhh so idiotic, I suppose, whenever I have to take
    over for doctors and code a crashing infant, I am just
    exercising my dumbness in a very profound, life-effecting
    way. Save it for someone who GIVES a damn.
    computer cause all
    idiots should not even
    critical
    party
    from
    acks/sp1/default.asp
    close any
    -----
    critical
    Cathy Guest

  4. #4

    Cathy --

    It is only advisable to disable your antivirus program
    not while downloading SP1, but right before you install
    it. That's what I meant...sorry for the not being more concise.

    --
    Nicholas

    "Cathy" <com> wrote in message:

    | Nicholas, Why in the world should I disable my antivirus
    | protection, if I am dealing with a legit site??? That
    | P.S. sounds like advice for a fool. However, the first
    | part sounded very reassuring.

    Nicholas Guest

  5. #5

    I'm betting that Cathy knows the proper spelling of "they're".

    How ironic.

    Randall Arnold

    "Mark" <com> wrote in message
    all
    even
    http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/default.asp

    Randall Guest

  6. #6

    Thank you for the clarification, Nicholas, as well as
    coming through as kind and wishing to be helpful.
    Perhaps you could give "Mark" a lesson in email
    etiquette, as well as, punctuation?!!!!
    concise.
    ------------
    antivirus
    first
    Cathy Guest

  7. #7

    Thank you, Randall! I emailed you on this one, want to
    make sure you get my thanks!
    Cathy

    of "they're". [/ref]
    a computer cause [/ref]