Professional Web Applications Themes

Won't download; Won't install; won't play. - Macromedia Flash Player

I recently began having problem with the Flash Player after doing a system reinstall. First off, when i go to the download page for flash player 9, i click on the install and the screne reloads but nothing happens. Also, when I go to one of my favorite sites, Adultswim.com, the second page opens (which is a flash cartoon), but when I go to the "videos" page, i'm prompted to download "the latest version of Flash player," which takes me to the download page where i can't download. I did the registry fix offered below the "install" comand on the ...

  1. #1

    Default Won't download; Won't install; won't play.

    I recently began having problem with the Flash Player after doing a system
    reinstall. First off, when i go to the download page for flash player 9, i
    click on the install and the screne reloads but nothing happens. Also, when I
    go to one of my favorite sites, Adultswim.com, the second page opens (which is
    a flash cartoon), but when I go to the "videos" page, i'm prompted to download
    "the latest version of Flash player," which takes me to the download page where
    i can't download. I did the registry fix offered below the "install" comand on
    the download page and it didn't work. I reinstalled IE and unistalled all adobe
    products. Nothing seems to be working.

    On a scale of 1-10, I'm about a 7 when it comes to computers, so any responses
    can take that into consideration.

    HuksterV Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Won't download; Won't install; won't play.

    I'm having the same exact problem. And also did the registry fix. Nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated
    Jbrunn Guest

  3. #3

    Nothing yet for thousands of us waitng for a simpler solution. I can't get
    anything to get mine working in Vista. Can't get ocx files to delete, even with
    the uninstaller, so no sense in trying to reinstall same problem over and over.

    Ccyd513 Guest

  4. #4

    As far as I can tell, adobe hasn't done much of anything to help us. The
    regitry fix doesn't work for our problems; i've done both versions, the
    automatic and the manual. Has adobe even offered a statment regarding this
    problem?

    HuksterV Guest

  5. #5

    What I don't understand is I can get flash player to work fine from firefox but not in ie7.
    Ccyd513 Guest

  6. #6

    <<What I don't understand is I can get flash player to work fine from firefox
    but not in ie7.>>

    That is becuase the two browsers use different technologies. Flash Player for
    IE Windows is an activeX control and his highly dependent on registry
    permissions and Windows subsystems (and hence prone to suffering).

    On all other browsers and platforms the Flash Player is a plugin. Does the
    same thing, but less dependent on Windows. The plugin seldom fails in the same
    way the ActiveX control does.

    <<Has adobe even offered a statment regarding this problem?>>

    We have a number of technotes that attempt to resolve this. Unfortunately
    there just is no simple fix that we we can find for these odd permission
    issues. That said, we are constantly discussing this with Flash Player
    Engineering and pushing for more solutions. And I do mean constantly. But
    ultimately we've never been able to determine what is changing the ACL
    permissions in the registry that effects the Flash Player ActiveX control. So
    ultimately sometimes the SubInACL tool is required.

    Even Microsoft has similar permission problems (which is why they created the
    SubInACL tool in the first place).

    We are absolutely not ignoring this issue. If I could snap my fingers and make
    it disapear for everyone, believe me I would. Please be patient. And as
    always, you -do- have the option of using non-IE browsers. We don't recomend
    that as a 'fix'. But it can make your life easier.

    BWolfe Guest

  7. #7

    Sorry BWolfe, just frustrated. Was working great in IE7. Even tries to start.
    Tried most of the fixes multiple times.Just can't figure it out. I am sure
    Adobe will come up with fix. Microsoft shouldn't be so #nal with all the
    extra's. Sometimes less is much better. That is why some are changing to
    Firefox. But I do think IE7 is a better browser.

    Ccyd513 Guest

  8. #8

    [q]Originally posted by: Ccyd513
    Nothing yet for thousands of us waitng for a simpler solution. I can't get
    anything to get mine working in Vista. Can't get ocx files to delete, even with
    the uninstaller, so no sense in trying to reinstall same problem over and
    over.[/q]

    If you run the Flash Player uninstaller and the ActiveX Flash.ocx file is not
    removed from this folder:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

    The .ocx may be locked.

    Read this technote for instructions on how to unlock and remoove this .ocx
    file.

    http://www.adobe.com/go/4da116d3

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    Darren Guest

  9. #9

    :wont install ater removing older version so i could update
    clean Guest

  10. #10

    [q]Originally posted by: clean one
    :wont install ater removing older version so i could update[/q]
    So you could remove all older versions from C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

    But still can't install the ActiveX for Internet Explorer?

    Darren Guest