> [...]

wondering if ne1 could help me, - Macromedia Dreamweaver

ok, wel im making a webpage, but im having trouble with the top menue bar thing. I want to make it go right to the edge of the screen (with out having ne horozontal scroll bars, with ne1 resolution) i didnt think u could until i went to the apple home page, their menue goes right to the edge even if i minimize it and maximise it and i want to know how to do it thankx. Referring URLs [url]www.apple.com.au[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default wondering if ne1 could help me,

    goblot webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: wondering if ne1 could help me,

    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in news:bfapvd$nn1$1
    forums.macromedia.com:

    --
    Steve
    Hong Kong

  3. #3

    syfkkh suxor. U R lame d00d!!

    :P :)

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Steve Fleischer" <blacksheepsteve-fleischer.net> wrote in message
    news:Xns93BD995324CCDblacksheepsteve65.57.83.209. ..
    > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in news:bfapvd$nn1$1
    > forums.macromedia.com:
    >
    > > in the head of the page put:

    > > <!--
    > > body {
    > > margin: 0px;
    > > padding: 0px;
    > > }
    > > -->
    >
    > Like, totally gnarly answer dood! Way! ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    > Hong Kong

    DiMa Guest

  4. #4

    You're welcome! :)

    DiMa
    --------------------

    "goblot" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > OMG, THANK U SO MUCH!

    DiMa Guest

  5. #5

    > 15-love. New balls please!

    I'm not err...umm...."qualified" to do that, you know? :D

    DiMa
    --------------------

  6. #6

    ok, wel that worked, BUT, i changed the image and made it so there r three tables, the two on the end have and image, and the one in the middle has the buttons on it, how do i make the 2 on the end stretch? (again, like the apple site)
    thanx

  7. #7

    when making your navigation make a single table then do center justification
    and that will center the navbar on the table . I went to the apple website
    and it will eventally have scroll bars

    > ok, wel im making a webpage, but im having trouble with the top menue bar
    thing. I want to make it go right to the edge of the screen (with out having
    ne horozontal scroll bars, with ne1 resolution) i didnt think u could until
    i went to the apple home page, their menue goes right to the edge even if i
    minimize it and maximise it and i want to know how to do it
    > thankx.
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]www.apple.com.au[/url]

    Michael Guest

  8. #8

    Here is our product that's has everything already set and pre-built.
    AND the menu borders goto the edges
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]

    Have a look at the examples sites and see for yourself that its resizable

    It has an instruction manual that walks you through the examples and
    covers stuff you most likely need: lots of menus, templates, up/down
    state, AND complete automatic updating of sites.

    Anyway, its got a FREE download. Why don't you give it a look?

    dc
    decloak, Inc.
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    Multi-Navigation Templates and Menus
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]

    Tongues of Fire
    Multi-Lingual Templates and Menus
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/Demos/NestedT_Tongues_of_Fire/[/url]

    From the Bible, Acts 2:1-12
    ....They saw what seemed to be "tongues of fire" that separated and came to
    rest on each of them.

    ....every man heard them speak in his own language.

    "goblot" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > ok, wel im making a webpage, but im having trouble with the top menue bar
    thing. I want to make it go right to the edge of the screen (with out having
    ne horozontal scroll bars, with ne1 resolution) i didnt think u could until
    i went to the apple home page, their menue goes right to the edge even if i
    minimize it and maximise it and i want to know how to do it
    > thankx.
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]www.apple.com.au[/url]

    dc Guest

  9. #9

    Hi dc:

    Maybe if you are going to keep plugging your product (I have no idea whether
    it is good, bad or would be helpful about at this stage) - instead of just
    using the same old "spiel", maybe you could actually describe to the
    original poster *HOW* your solution would help solve their problem.

    Every time I read your post to a question, it *doesn't* actually say *HOW*
    it is going to help that person.
    Even going to your site - doesn't give too much detail on first glance on
    how this product would help me....

    This is not the way to get someone to buy your product. - (or download for
    free) - There are ways to promote you product without getting everyone off
    side. ;-))

    This is not meant to put you off side - just a helpful suggestion I hope.

    Nadia

    ---------------------------
    PerreLink Design:
    Webdev tools :: Page Templates
    [url]http://www.perrelink.com.au[/url]
    ----------------------------
    :: Ecommerce & Content Management System::
    [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net/yvsa4.asp[/url]
    Enter "nadia" into coupon box if buying
    and receive a 15% discount !
    ---------------------------

    "dc" <dc-re-m-o-v-e-me-hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Here is our product that's has everything already set and pre-built.

    Nadia *TWBM* Guest

  10. #10

    The poster wanted to something like the Apple.com menu bar....a auto
    resizable menu bar that goes to borders of the browser,

    Thus, it doesn't depend upon how the user sizes their browser, nor does it
    depend upon what resolution setting they have their monitor set, 1600x1200
    or 640x480.

    Our product has that table layout already built into the demos, therefore
    all the poster has to do is download our product (e.g. demo sites) and
    adjust the menu names to match theirs and add their graphics.....it's that
    simple...sort of...take what we have and just modify it to match whatever
    existing layout the user wants.

    Now, if you wanted to do a comparison of other ways, techniques, and
    technologies as to why our product is better than the rest.......than that's
    a different story......

    All that can be said is that nothing really bad (technically) has been said
    about this product within the newsgroups.

    But this product offers many features to solve existing problems and
    difficulties (like being able to make one change to a complicated menu
    system and have the entire site update)

    It also offers new solutions to incredibly hard problems like multiple
    languages and complex websites.....

    This product addresses the needs on how a growing or complex site can be
    built.

    But, YES, it could be more understandable for a direct comparison of other
    products and techniques and methods and the amount of time and hassle saved
    between these products and methods......but then there could be a lot of
    unrest, upheaval, here. You see, there are a lot of forces at work
    here....there could be big battles ahead.....a technical break
    through......ground breaking technology.......money.......jobs.......

    But then again, these are all "could be's"....

    I would suggest again you download the product yourself so as to avoid any
    nasty threads regarding a comparison of products and methods that could
    eventually appear anyway if there were a comparison.....

    dc
    decloak, Inc.
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    Multi-Navigation Templates and Menus
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]

    Tongues of Fire
    Multi-Lingual Templates and Menus
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/Demos/NestedT_Tongues_of_Fire/[/url]

    From the Bible, Acts 2:1-12

  11. #11

    First of all, the valid markup on our site is just fine.

    Also, W3C valid markup is total nonsense as , Apple.com,
    Amazon.com, Google.com, IBM.com, Microsoft.com, Macromedia.com are all
    INVALID anyway. The list goes on and on.

    The structure is very very simple HTML and no where near the complexity and
    confusion of a .css layers type page.

    Second, it seems the only one who is most interested in names is you and
    your not even interested in the product so what does it matter? (ever heard
    of spam, credit card fraud and indentity theft? especially on the
    newsgroups? you and other might be confortable with giving out your names,
    but I am not, so lets just leave it like that as the last thing I need are
    unauthorized credit charges.)

    3rd, you also said your product doesn't compete with our product (and it
    might not anyway), but from your posts, you sure could have fooled me, as it
    seems to be a least a competitor to your product.

    And if you read carefully from the post, a subjective product comparison is
    indeed avoided as much as possible......It is the previous poster who
    requested the why's and how's of our product and if you re-read the post,
    you can see for yourself it was avoided as much as possible....you can also
    see the future predictions as well and they are turning out to be true.

    By the way, I don't think you going to make that 50/50 availability date for
    that future rumored product that uses dreamweaver templates and nav menus if
    you keep responding to my posts.

    dc
    decloak, Inc.
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    Multi-Navigation Templates and Menus
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]

    Tongues of Fire
    Multi-Lingual Templates and Menus
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/Demos/NestedT_Tongues_of_Fire/[/url]

    From the Bible, Acts 2:1-12

  12. #12

    (Philip?),

    Aside from toning down your marketing you may want to be a bit more careful
    about subjective issues, such as your "product" being better than someone
    else's. And as I said a while back to you, you really may want to consider
    issues such as valid markup and simpler structural markup. Just a
    suggestion.

    I do think that the key to ingratiationg yourself to Dreamweaver users is to

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  13. #13

    | Second, it seems the only one who is most interested in names is you and
    | your not even interested in the product so what does it matter?

    Actually Al isn't the only one - I was going to mention it in my last reply
    to you, however, I refrained, but now maybe I should have :/ If you have a
    genuine product for sale you should 1. use your real name at the very least
    and 2. use an email other than "hotmail". ( and yes I see below your
    reasons for doing this but........)

    |(ever heard of spam, credit card fraud and indentity theft? especially on
    the
    | newsgroups? you and other might be confortable with giving out your names,
    | but I am not, so lets just leave it like that as the last thing I need are
    | unauthorized credit charges.)

    Yes, I have heard of spam (and some of your own posts are bordering on that
    here in this forum btw) - but there are ways of getting around that. I have
    been using my own name over years here and have *never* had any problems of
    "unauthorized credit charges" - I have no idea what you mean here actually
    !!

    | 3rd, you also said your product doesn't compete with our product (and it
    | might not anyway), but from your posts, you sure could have fooled me, as
    it
    | seems to be a least a competitor to your product.

    There doesn't need to be any competition at all. If your product is good
    enough to stand on its own merits, it will stand up amongst any competition
    surely.

    Your attitude I'm afraid is not gaining you any friends. I am sure you read
    all the posts on this forum and you must have noticed that the other
    product you mention is advertised quite freely by members on this forum with
    no monetary gain to do so.

    This comes firstly from getting to know the developer of the product,
    knowing the products they provide, (by products I mean freebies as well as
    priced products).... believing in their integrity and witnessing their
    support whether it is related to their products or not. This is what helps
    "promote" the product and the business.

    Maybe you should take a step back and rethink your marketing approach ! It
    definitely isn't working right now.

    Just my 2 cents.

    Nadia

    PerreLink Design: