Professional Web Applications Themes

Wont Publish Site - Read Help Cannot find answer! - Web Design

I used to use Publisher 98 to design my web page. I only know a little about HTML codes. I changed software to Windows XP and Purchased Pulisher 2003, wanting a newer version. I designed my site again similar to the last with a few changes that the old version wouldn't allow I was ready to publish to my site so I read HELP on how to do it. I have a http: address the I have always used so I chose that option. I saved it as a Pub. file so I was able to make changes and also ...

  1. #1

    Default Wont Publish Site - Read Help Cannot find answer!

    I used to use Publisher 98 to design my web page. I only know a little about HTML codes. I changed software to Windows XP and Purchased Pulisher 2003, wanting a newer version. I designed my site again similar to the last with a few changes that the old version wouldn't allow
    I was ready to publish to my site so I read HELP on how to do it. I have a http: address the I have always used so I chose that option. I saved it as a Pub. file so I was able to make changes and also as the HTML one that it allows you to
    I typed in my http:// address and it asked me to dial up and go online - quite normal, so I did. It returns with a message - "Cannot find URL check your typing." I have and it's not wrong
    The funny thing is, when I used Publisher 98 I had no trouble with my URL address

    WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

    I checked with my service provider and they prefer FTP.

    I cannot get Publisher to do that either. I go into Add/Modify FTP Locations and type in the made of who I am using, but it canot connect to it. I'm stuck every which way
    I think it has something to do with when I preview the page in the prewview- I right click to view the PROPERTIES of any grahich or text comes up as a Blank, not (Sheep 789) for example

    I dowloaded a free FTP to upload that way - I uploaded the saved Publisher file in the HTMLformat that Publisher allows and, it does upload, but the pictures just come up with a cross where they are ment to be and all background come up in plain colors, not textured like my preview

    I have read the HELP time and time again - it just does not address this problem.
    CAN ANYONE HELP??

    I may have to go back to Publisher 98, at least it was simple to use and take this new version Publisher 2003 back to the shop for a refund as I cannot use it for what I would like it to do.. Frustrating.................

    Mrs Draper Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Wont Publish Site - Read Help Cannot find answer!

    I responded to your first post in the general topics forum.
    Please refer back there.

    --
    David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]

    "Mrs Draper" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I used to use Publisher 98 to design my web page. I only know a little
    about HTML codes. I changed software to Windows XP and Purchased Pulisher
    2003, wanting a newer version. I designed my site again similar to the last
    with a few changes that the old version wouldn't allow.
    > I was ready to publish to my site so I read HELP on how to do it. I have a
    http: address the I have always used so I chose that option. I saved it as
    a Pub. file so I was able to make changes and also as the HTML one that it
    allows you to.
    > I typed in my http:// address and it asked me to dial up and go online -
    quite normal, so I did. It returns with a message - "Cannot find URL check
    your typing." I have and it's not wrong.
    > The funny thing is, when I used Publisher 98 I had no trouble with my URL
    address.

    > WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!
    >
    > I checked with my service provider and they prefer FTP.
    >
    > I cannot get Publisher to do that either. I go into Add/Modify FTP
    Locations and type in the made of who I am using, but it canot connect to
    it. I'm stuck every which way.
    > I think it has something to do with when I preview the page in the
    prewview- I right click to view the PROPERTIES of any grahich or text comes
    up as a Blank, not (Sheep 789) for example.

    > I dowloaded a free FTP to upload that way - I uploaded the saved Publisher
    file in the HTMLformat that Publisher allows and, it does upload, but the
    pictures just come up with a cross where they are ment to be and all
    background come up in plain colors, not textured like my preview.

    > I have read the HELP time and time again - it just does not address this
    problem.
    > CAN ANYONE HELP???
    >
    > I may have to go back to Publisher 98, at least it was simple to use and
    take this new version Publisher 2003 back to the shop for a refund as I
    cannot use it for what I would like it to do.. Frustrating..................

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest