Professional Web Applications Themes

Word form to Access form - Microsoft Access

Does anyone know of an easy way to convert a Microsoft Word form to a form in Microsoft Access? I have created a form in Microsoft Word to collect field data, and it has been decided that it would be better to collect the data in Access. I would like to import the form from Word into Access without having to recreate it. I have 15 forms in all. I realize that I would have work on the backside (establishing tables, etc.), but I would like to avoid the form creation part. Thanks in advance for any help, hints, etc....

  1. #1

    Default Word form to Access form

    Does anyone know of an easy way to convert a Microsoft
    Word form to a form in Microsoft Access? I have created a
    form in Microsoft Word to collect field data, and it has
    been decided that it would be better to collect the data
    in Access. I would like to import the form from Word into
    Access without having to recreate it. I have 15 forms in
    all. I realize that I would have work on the backside
    (establishing tables, etc.), but I would like to avoid the
    form creation part.

    Thanks in advance for any help, hints, etc.
    JB Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Word form to Access form

    JB wrote:
    > Does anyone know of an easy way to convert a Microsoft
    > Word form to a form in Microsoft Access? I have created a
    > form in Microsoft Word to collect field data, and it has
    > been decided that it would be better to collect the data
    > in Access. I would like to import the form from Word into
    > Access without having to recreate it. I have 15 forms in
    > all. I realize that I would have work on the backside
    > (establishing tables, etc.), but I would like to avoid the
    > form creation part.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help, hints, etc.

    You are going to have to redesign the forms in Access. Access Forms
    are the visible manifestation of the Access instructions you write and
    have no relation to how forms are designed in Word, as far as I'm aware.

    For instance, before you even think of designing an Access Form, you
    must design and create the data Tables and the supporting Queries.
    Then you can start on the Forms and Reports which depend entirely on
    those two types of Object.

    hth

    Hugh
    Hugh O'Neill Guest

  3. #3

    Hugh,
    Thanks for the info.

    JB
    JB Guest

  4. #4

    JB wrote:
> [...]

    You're welcome but I'm sorry the news was unwelcome!

    Hugh
    Hugh O'Neill Guest