Professional Web Applications Themes

Working on emailed files in PSE1 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

want to be able to edit and make changes on file that has been sent via email using PSE1 and tehn send back to other person working on eh job so tey can make changes. As it site now, i get teh email from them and caonnot make any text or image changes. Where or how can we work on a job via email using PSE of another adobe product. any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank U!!...

  1. #1

    Default Working on emailed files in PSE1

    want to be able to edit and make changes on file that has been sent via email using PSE1 and tehn send back to other person working on eh job so tey can make changes. As it site now, i get teh email from them and caonnot make any text or image changes. Where or how can we work on a job via email using PSE of another adobe product.

    any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank U!!
    Bobbi Brinkman Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Working on emailed files in PSE1

    Bobbie, what is the format of the image file? Because you say this file is being e-mailed back and forth, most people would assume JPEG is the logical format, since it compresses to a small file size for e-mails.

    There are two problems that I can think of that you might run into. First, the JPEG format can't support layers, so if that image had any text added by one person, the subsequent saving would flatten the layers and make them inaccessible to the other guy for editing. Second, if the two of you are repeatedly editing this image, resaving it in JPEG, and sending it off again, the image quality will deteriorate with each save. It won't take too much before you lose a lot of detail. If this is important to you, you need to take it into consideration.

    Give more details about the project you're working on. Maybe someone can come up with a better answer to your question.
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Beth,

    thanks for ur reply! and yes u r correct with ur 2 problems...and i to am aware of them...the project is for 11x14 motivational posters..a short print run that we will print in studio until we get a larger request and them we will send them out to a printer on CD and layout ready to print....until then and to satisfy teh as always much needed but at time pain client..this is how were r doing this....me and the client r in the midwest and tehy have selected several of my images for these posters, yet, their writer is in Hawaii, and although for a reduced price i offered to go to Hawaii and work first hand with them, it was not an option..so this present me wiht not only the miles betwen issue but also the time difference area, So the writer has my images on a cd and they add teh text, logo and any other needed info on teh image and r emailing it back to me and the client and then the client wants me to either slightly move or edit the test and then print out a small sample for color and layout check..and i cannot edit teh image and yes if i wanted to print it the full size i would be so ed....the writer is uning PSE to do her work...so i am looking for a short term fix to this prob...once we get teh client to sign off we can go back to doing it the right way...any help again is much appreciated...
    Bobbi Brinkman Guest