Professional Web Applications Themes

Working on family pictures - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I supposed this might deserve a new thread Beth and all the others working on family pictures, you all seem to be scanning these images, but why don't you spend some extra money on a copy stand? Especially those working with digital cameras could benefit from this. It's so much faster, you can do easely over a hundred images an hour. You don't have to invest in the most expensive part, the lighting. Just work about 1 meter from a north facing window, place little white piece of cardboard on the opposite side, a white piece of paper under your ...

  1. #1

    Default Working on family pictures

    I supposed this might deserve a new thread
    Beth and all the others working on family pictures, you all seem to be scanning these images, but why don't you spend some extra money on a copy stand? Especially those working with digital cameras could benefit from this.
    It's so much faster, you can do easely over a hundred images an hour.

    You don't have to invest in the most expensive part, the lighting. Just work about 1 meter from a north facing window, place little white piece of cardboard on the opposite side, a white piece of paper under your photo and all your problems will be solved. The cardboard reduces the light difference to almost zero, the white piece af paper allows you to exactly match the colour with the eyedropper tool.

    Just only an opinion. At least, that's the way I do it rather often.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Working on family pictures

    I'll try this later today, Leen. It sounds like the perfect solution for one picture I have that's too big for the scanner. I was working with the "silvered"one yesterday near a North window, but I was still picking up a lot of that glare.

    I'm still planning to see if I can find a filter today. I'll let everybody know later on what, if anything, I find.

    Thanks for giving this tip!
    Beth Haney Guest

  3. #3

    Beth, before you buy this filter, have you read my other posting? Probably this polarising filter won't work on a metallic surface.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  4. #4

    I apologise, I posted this before I read Roberts posting in the other thread.

    Leen
    Leen Koper Guest

  5. #5

    I talked to people at a couple of the major photographic supply places this morning. Both agreed that the 12" X 12" sheets of circular polarizing filter "stuff" wouldn't work for this. Of course neither stocked it, so I won't be conducting my own experiment this afternoon. The opinion was that it was too heavy and would block out too much of the light during the scan, and then I'd wind up correcting for one problem while generating a new one. I'm tempted to have one of them order a piece for me, just so I can see for myself. I didn't ask how much it costs; I might change my mind when I find out. :)

    In the meantime, I've now eliminated a bunch of other materials that don't cut the glare without fuzzing the image.
    Beth Haney Guest