Ask a Question related to Adobe Illustrator Windows, Design and Development.
- Chris_Shunk@adobeforums.com #1
Wrapping text around an object in Illustrator CS
I would love to have an easy way to wrap text around objects in AI CS, and I've heard that it's possible, but I just don't know how to do it. Anybody have any idea if this is possible and how do you do it?
- How do you get text to wrap around images in Contribute draft pages? I don't see the option...or is this something that has to be done in...
- I currently have a company logo (text) and now the comes the dilema that I need the text to follow a curve. Is there a way to grab my current logo...
- What is the best way to (or can we) wrap a flat object around a curved object? Example: Let's say I wanted to take a flat picture of grapes that I...
- Here is My Usage Create/Have a sphere. E.g. Use the circular gradient tool to put a sphere looking circle on the canvas. Then on another layer,...
- "stewiacke" firstname.lastname@example.org wrote: This should get you going..... http://www.cbtcafe.com/fireworks/textonpath/textonpath.html ...
- LenHewitt@adobeforums.com #2
Re: Wrapping text around an object in Illustrator CS
Have you tried typing Text Wrap into the search function of the Illustrator
To wrap text around an object:
1.. Select the object or objects around which you want the text to wrap.
This is called the wrap object. (See Selecting objects.)
2.. In the Layers palette, make sure that the wrap object is above the
text you want to wrap around it. (See Organizing objects using layers.)
Important: If the layer contains multiple type objects, move any that you
don't want to wrap around the wrap object either into another layer or above
the wrap object.
3.. Choose Object > Text Wrap > Make Text Wrap.
4.. The Text Wrap Options dialog box appears. If desired, set the
following options. Then click OK.
a.. Offset to specify the amount of space between the text and the wrap
object. You can enter a positive or negative value.
b.. Invert Wrap to reverse the side of the object that the text wraps