Professional Web Applications Themes

write value from flash file to an external file - Macromedia Flash Data Integration

how can I write value from flash file to an external file like (text file or xml file)...

  1. #1

    Default write value from flash file to an external file

    how can I write value from flash file to an external file like (text file or xml file)
    art-v Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: write value from flash file to an external file

    You can store data on the client side or the server side.

    1. On the local client you can use something in Flash that is the equivalent
    to cookies. That is the ActionScript SharedObject class.

    Basically the user has control over allowing or disallowing the writing of
    the data in this case.

    Here is an example I have posted for training seminars I conduct:
    [url]http://www.hosfordusa.com/ClickSystems/courses/flash/examples/SharedObjects/Ex01/SharedObject01_Doc.php[/url]

    2. On the server then you use server side scripts to do the work writing to
    either files or databases. For the Flash side you use either LoadVars or XML
    Actionscript classes to communicate with the server side script.

    Here is an example that demonstrates Flash XML Actionscript class
    communicating with a PHP script and echoing the data back. It also writes
    the data to a file. The problem of course writing to files on the server is
    that the last user to use the Flash movie will overwrite the file with the
    new data unless you are creating a log type of app were you continuously
    append the data to the file.

    --
    Lon Hosford
    [url]www.lonhosford.com[/url]
    "art-v" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    how can I write value from flash file to an external file like (text file or
    xml file)

    Motion Maker Guest

  3. #3

    Forgot the link for the Flash XML to PHP into a serverside file and back to
    Flash XML:
    [url]http://www.hosfordusa.com/ClickSystems/courses/flash/examples/XMLPHP/EX01/XMLPHPEchoEx01_Doc.php[/url]