Professional Web Applications Themes

Writting to employees.xml - Macromedia Flex General Discussion

Good day Everyone, though bumpy I have managed to install Flex and all its good stuff on Windows XP and Server 2000 along with Jrun and Coldfusion mx. It took me a while but can say I learned from the experience. I have two questions and these issues that I have run into I cant get past. 1. When I access my servers explorer files [url]http://71.40.19.104/samples/[/url] the applications seems to just run (i see the little watch run and run) now the application itself opens but the mxml code never comes up. Has anyone runned into this situation? This only ...

  1. #1

    Default Writting to employees.xml

    Good day Everyone, though bumpy I have managed to install Flex and all its good
    stuff on Windows XP and Server 2000 along with Jrun and Coldfusion mx. It took
    me a while but can say I learned from the experience. I have two questions and
    these issues that I have run into I cant get past.

    1. When I access my servers explorer files [url]http://71.40.19.104/samples/[/url] the
    applications seems to just run (i see the little watch run and run) now the
    application itself opens but the mxml code never comes up. Has anyone runned
    into this situation? This only hapens on Windows Server 2000 and not on my
    Windows XP install.

    2. When I try the [url]http://71.40.19.104/samples/explorer/grid/GridApiDemo.mxml[/url]
    and update, add or delete the changes appear imediately. However when I open
    the employees.xml or reload the application the file the changes that should
    have occurred do not appear. Has something been disabled somewhere to prevent
    that or should there be more code added to make the changes stick?

    Seems like I cant wait till there are some good books out there or the flex
    2.0 goes on sale.

    Thanks for the help in advance your loyal friend,

    Cisco

    azul_oner Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Writting to employees.xml

    Yes, that example is purely client side data manipulation. It does not persist
    any data back to the server.

    I think this is what you are trying to achieve, correct?

    If so, I have an example that loads an xml file from the server into a Flex
    client, lets you edit the xml, then save it back to the server.

    This would be what you need to do to persist any data back to the server.

    If you want to see this example, send me your email address and I will send it
    to you.

    Tracy

    ntsiii Guest

  3. #3

    Cisco, I sent you the example. If you have any difficulty, post here.

    Tracy
    ntsiii Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks Tracy, this should really help a lot I can just break down the Code you
    emailed me and try to make it work for saving that data on the mxml sample to
    the xml. It always helps to see a script in action and have its code visable.

    i will come back and share how it works.

    azul_oner Guest

  5. #5

    Yeah, if you do enhance that flex sample, please show us. This is a question that comes up a lot.

    Tracy
    ntsiii Guest

  6. #6

    hi tracy,
    can u please mail me the same example at [email]mayur.baisbrainvisa.com[/email]
    as i am also running thru the same problem
    thanks in advance
    Mayur !
    Mayur Bais Guest

  7. #7

    hey can anybody help me..i want to read some data from a xml file...the xml file contains only the first name tag and last name tag...I wanna display this on a Grid..
    Thank you
    RajeshBhadra Guest

  8. #8

    See the examples that come with Flex. There is an example url in the first post in this thread.

    Tracy
    ntsiii Guest

  9. #9

    i have never worked on how to load an xml file from the server into a Flex
    client, and that lets me edit the xml, then save it back to the server. [do i
    need a mssql for it? ]
    or can it simply easy to work it out with xml?

    i need to see same example about what was azul_oner's problem.
    can the solution be posted on forums specifically,
    because many have this kinda same questions.. which sometimes they are not
    able to explain it well.
    or is there some of the perfect step to step tutorial for it?

    poonamsheth Guest

  10. #10

    I will try to post the examples to CFLEX.net.

    Tracy
    ntsiii Guest

  11. #11

    i would highly appreciate if you can also give me the code bcoz even i am trying to achieve that....thank you
    RajeshBhadra Guest

  12. #12

    Send me you email address, I will send it directly, I haven't had time to post it yet.
    Tracy
    ntsiii Guest

  13. #13

    its [email]rbhadra...than[/email]k you
    RajeshBhadra Guest

  14. #14

    Hi, can you send to me to?

    [email]cristian.riseribpubanca.it[/email]

    THANKS!!!!
    kristian82 Guest