My system is :
- Debian 3r1,
- kernel 2.4.21,
- XFree 4.1.0 (on Debian CD 3r1, I'm not connected to internet) : i use
I spent a lot of time to write rules for iptables to obtain a good firewall.
I join 2 files :
- the iptables rules : /etc/iptables.rules,
- the script to run it: /etc/init.d/iptables.
If i launch the firewall :
- i connect to Gnome ctrl+F7 ( it starts with the boot of the computer),
- i write login, password,
- gnome deskptop starts, displays task bar,
- nothing, i can just move ...