Professional Web Applications Themes

x and y positions or a graphic and the page - Macromedia Freehand

Has any one noticed that when you set a graphics x and y position in the object inspector to 0x 0y it measures from the bottom left corner of the graphic placing the graphic off of the page? All other programs and older versions of freehand messier from the top left. Does any one know the reason for the change? I feel like I am working upside down. Is this some sort of joke macromedia is trying to play on me? Also related if you change the page size it adds the extra inches to the top of the page ...

  1. #1

    Default x and y positions or a graphic and the page

    Has any one noticed that when you set a graphics x and y position in the object inspector to 0x 0y it measures from the bottom left corner of the graphic placing the graphic off of the page? All other programs and older versions of freehand messier from the top left. Does any one know the reason for the change? I feel like I am working upside down. Is this some sort of joke macromedia is trying to play on me?

    Also related if you change the page size it adds the extra inches to the top of the page not the bottom like it should. Again it use to add to the bottom. I dont know about you, but I build from the top down. This is killing me. I had a 15 page doent done then I wanted to make the page a bit taller and add a footer. Well it was not as easy as it should have been. Please tell me I can change all of these problems in the preferences some how. I looked and could not find anything.

    Thanks

    jaredly2 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: x and y positions or a graphic and the page

    jaredly2 wrote:
    > Has any one noticed that when you set a graphics x and y position in the
    > object inspector to 0x 0y it measures from the bottom left corner of the
    > graphic placing the graphic off of the page? All other programs and older
    > versions of freehand messier from the top left.
    No, older versions of Freehand always measured from the lower left. FreeHand
    uses the PostScript method of measuring from lower left.

    To change the Page Origin, show Rulers. Drag from the intersection of rulers
    to the desired spot on the page. Numbers below page origin are negative
    numbers.
    > Also related if you change the page size it adds the extra inches to the top
    > of the page not the bottom like it should. Again it use to add to the bottom.
    No, you must be confusing FH with a different program.
    > I dont know about you, but I build from the top down. This is killing me. I
    > had a 15 page doent done then I wanted to make the page a bit taller and
    > add a footer. Well it was not as easy as it should have been.
    The ability to have many custom and variable page sizes is one of the
    reasons so many of us love FH. It does come with some limitations though.
    Unlike a word processing app, you can't globally change all your page sizes.

    FH9 and later have the Page Tool. With it, you can drag the page edges
    wherever you want them. Turning on grid and snapping to grid adds precision
    to the operation.

    Judy Arndt
    FH user since version 2

    Judy Arndt Guest