Steven Schlansker <stevenschlansker> writes:
(Please configure your mailer to send only plain-text mail, not HTML.)
> I'm trying to install Debian
What version?
> on a PC as a server for my school, and the administrator decided
> that he wanted a graphical interface, so I installed XFree86 (X11R0
> I think)
What did you actually install? (What Debian package, or did you try
to install something from source?)
> But, the server won't recognize the video card which is a built-in Savage 4
> [url]http://www.pcwave.com/prod-m925aluv71.html[/url]
It's possible that "Savage 4" is one of those things where marketing
decided they liked the brand name while engineering changed the
hardware underneath. You might need a newer X server than is in
current Debian stable to make this work.

--
David Maze [email]dmazedebian.org[/email] [url]http://people.debian.org/~dmaze/[/url]
"Theoretical politics is interesting. Politicking should be illegal."