BTW, In version UDB ver8 you have the ability with SQL to directly publish
XML files, and with DB2 Information Integrator (separtly priced feature) you
can use the federated technology's XML Wrapper and access XML with SQL.
The advantage of this approach is that the work is done in the engine and
produces better response time than with the XML Extender (uses stored
procedures, extra tables, UDFs).