Professional Web Applications Themes

Xp Home Ed won't start - Windows XP/2000/ME

ok i tried to uninstall a service pack(cant remember which one) and when windows attemped to reboot it got past the flash screen (the one with teh green load bar at the bottom) and then "click" it flashes a quick blue screen (quick enough so i cant read what it says) and reboots from the beginning ... click and over again and click over again. I tried starting in safemode.. and all the F8 options, i tried to use the recovery console changing the default, software, system, sam etc. (and deleting the undo_guimode.txt beforehand) but as always click and reboot... ...

  1. #1

    Default Xp Home Ed won't start

    ok i tried to uninstall a service pack(cant remember which
    one) and when windows attemped to reboot it got past the
    flash screen (the one with teh green load bar at the
    bottom) and then "click" it flashes a quick blue screen
    (quick enough so i cant read what it says) and reboots
    from the beginning ... click and over again and click over
    again.
    I tried starting in safemode.. and all the F8 options, i
    tried to use the recovery console changing the default,
    software, system, sam etc. (and deleting the
    undo_guimode.txt beforehand) but as always click and
    reboot...
    I'm not liking my options right now... i could wipe and
    restart anew ..but i need some doents on the hardrive.
    dont care about software etc just the doents...

    any suggestions...
    Andrew Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Xp Home Ed won't start

    Andrew wrote:
    > ok i tried to uninstall a service pack(cant remember which
    > one) and when windows attemped to reboot it got past the
    > flash screen (the one with teh green load bar at the
    > bottom) and then "click" it flashes a quick blue screen
    > (quick enough so i cant read what it says) and reboots
    > from the beginning ... click and over again and click over
    > again.
    > I tried starting in safemode.. and all the F8 options, i
    > tried to use the recovery console changing the default,
    > software, system, sam etc. (and deleting the
    > undo_guimode.txt beforehand) but as always click and
    > reboot...
    > I'm not liking my options right now... i could wipe and
    > restart anew ..but i need some doents on the hardrive.
    > dont care about software etc just the doents...
    >
    > any suggestions...
    If you need the doents on the hard drive, you can boot to a Win98
    startup disk (if the partition is FAT32) and copy the doents to a floppy.

    If the partition is NTFS, do a google search for NTFSDOS and download
    that to a floppy and you'll be able to see the NTFS partition and copy
    doents from that to the floppy.

    --
    -the small one

    All postings carry no guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied.
    Proceed at your own risk, and perform system and data backups prior to
    making changes to your system, and on a regular basis, to protect your
    system.

    null Guest

  3. #3

    Before going any further I would make a full system backup using an
    application like Norton Ghost or Drive Image. If you don't have one you can
    use the fully functional demo of Image [url]ftp://terabyteunlimited.com/image.zip[/url]
    to create an image of the drive directly to CD-R if you have a writer
    installed or you can create an image to a second hard drive if you have one.
    Later when you have your system running correctly you can extract the
    individual files you need out of the image. Ghost or Drive Image have built
    in apps which will enable you to do this. The Image program uses a free
    add-on app called TBIView to open image files so you can extract individual
    files [url]http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html[/url]

    --

    Harry Ohrn - MS MVP [Shell/User]
    [url]www.webtree.ca/windowsxp[/url]

    "Andrew" <armt_2000> wrote in message
    > ok i tried to uninstall a service pack(cant remember which
    > one) and when windows attemped to reboot it got past the
    > flash screen (the one with teh green load bar at the
    > bottom) and then "click" it flashes a quick blue screen
    > (quick enough so i cant read what it says) and reboots
    > from the beginning ... click and over again and click over
    > again.
    > I tried starting in safemode.. and all the F8 options, i
    > tried to use the recovery console changing the default,
    > software, system, sam etc. (and deleting the
    > undo_guimode.txt beforehand) but as always click and
    > reboot...
    > I'm not liking my options right now... i could wipe and
    > restart anew ..but i need some doents on the hardrive.
    > dont care about software etc just the doents...
    >
    > any suggestions...

    Harry Ohrn Guest