Professional Web Applications Themes

XP2 / maintaining database connection - Dreamweaver AppDev

Hi I am having a really irritating and frustrating time keeping my connections to my databases. I have downloaded the DW extension but am still losing connections and it can take multiple attempts of shutting down DW, removing connection scripts etc before I regain the connection. This is driving me CRAZY, and taking a lot of time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make the extension fix stick? Cheers Julie...

  1. #1

    Default XP2 / maintaining database connection

    Hi

    I am having a really irritating and frustrating time keeping my connections to
    my databases. I have downloaded the DW extension but am still losing
    connections and it can take multiple attempts of shutting down DW, removing
    connection scripts etc before I regain the connection. This is driving me
    CRAZY, and taking a lot of time. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
    make the extension fix stick?

    Cheers
    Julie

    ukjooles Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: XP2 / maintaining database connection

    "ukjooles" wrote:
    connections to
    removing

    Maybe this site can help you
    http://www.interaktonline.com/Products/Dreamweaver-Extensions/ImpAKT/Technotes/Details/Database+connection+fails+with+ASP+servers.html?id _thn=73

    /Tine

    Tine Guest

  3. #3

    hi all,
    No such luck on my end of things. I run an apache server (with selisoft's
    ahtml) on windows 2000 SP4. I have used this configuration on an XP machine
    for 2 years now without a glitch. The same problem arises when it comes to
    setting up a remote connection. I have applied the Sp2DB fix extension (and
    purged the old connection files)and tried various types of connections such as
    "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=c:\inetpub\chironewbase05.mdb".
    Clicking on the select ODBC DSN dialog box connects without error but does
    not return any connection's name.
    Clicking OK after entering the remote DNS name (coned04) will return a
    successful connection message.
    Adding a recordset on this connection will return 'unable to retrieve
    tables.'

    Voil?; this is my up to date status after 4 days of work in this otherwise
    wonderful world of DREAMWEAVER!

    AC

    dre57 Guest

  4. #4

    I'm in the same position ukjooles. This is the most immobilizing breakdown of
    Dreamweaver functionality I have ever experienced. I am losing money, time and
    possibly clients over this thing. I would be happy with a solution (ANY
    solution) but there seems to be none. I too downloaded the Dreamweaver patch
    (Ref 179021) and visited the interakonline.com site to see what they had to
    offer but none have been able to fix this issue.

    Mulcyber Guest

  5. #5

    Mulcyber,

    I am also in the same position as you, having now wasted 2 full days trying to
    get this issue resolved. I have uninstalled, reinstalled tried various patches
    (SP2DBFIX.1.0.2 & SP2DBFIX.1.1.0). Perhaps you have come across some useful
    information that can help since your posting. I also have a posting on the
    forum but people seem to avoid it like the plague.

    Any assistance at this stage will be most useful.

    Cheers,

    Kye

    huzzyk Guest

  6. #6

    :|The problem:
    When a recordset is existing, I am unable to view the record fields, when I
    click on the recordset to get the fields to drop down, I get the error "Class
    not registered"
    When I attempt to create a new recordset I get an error when trying to view
    the tables on an existing connection file - this is the error "Unable to
    retrieve tables from this connection, click on the 'Define...'button to test
    this connection.
    When the connection is tested, the results are "Connection was made
    successfully"
    When viewing the connections, no tables are showing under the tables dropdown
    in the Application window.
    I deinstalled Dreanweaver MX2004 and then reinstalled it. Same results.

    I am running XP with SP2
    I followed the SP fix recommendation ? deleting the old mmServerScripts
    folders, deleting the existing connections, closing DW, installing the
    extension fix, and creating the new connections. The connections still say the
    test is OK but no tables are displayed.

    I have tried the suggested SP2DBFix1.0.2.mxp and I also tried the
    SP2DBFix1.1.0.mxp fix from interact ? same results

    Does anyone have any suggestions? I do not think I am alone with htis problem.

    gregkane0 Guest

  7. #7

    It's not pretty but I have found that if I close all pages, change to another
    site that also runs a database, look at the tables / database from an asp page
    in that site and then change back to the original site I can access my tables
    again. It's a pain in the a*** but better than shutting down and rebooting.

    There clearly is a problem here and I wish Macromedia would come up with a
    proper solution!!

    ukjooles Guest