Hello,

I have a PowerMac 8500/180 (604e processor) and I tried since 2 days
installing Mac OS X 10.2 on it using XPostFacto. But until now it didn't
work.

What I always get is that XPostFacto copies the files, the mac reboots
and I see a gray screen, which turns in a black screen with a white
rectangular cursor (non blinking). After that nothing happens.

I tried version XPostFacto 2.2.4 and 2.25. I tried installing it on
external discs, on the internal disc. Changing the throttle to 4 or to
24, zapping PRAM serveral times, checking SCSI bus, ...

Has somebody experience with this typical machine. Is there still
something I could try (except for buying a new Mac :-) ) ?

Greetings,

Jos