Professional Web Applications Themes

Xtra (flash movie) - Macromedia Shockwave

I am trying to download the shockwave player 10 and I keep getting two error messages. The first one says, The application requires and xtra (flash movie) that either does not exist or failed to initalize properly. Please make sure the appropriate xtras are in the xtras file. The second continued...

  1. #1

    Default Xtra (flash movie)

    I am trying to download the shockwave player 10 and I keep getting two error
    messages. The first one says, The application requires and xtra (flash movie)
    that either does not exist or failed to initalize properly. Please make sure
    the appropriate xtras are in the xtras file. The second messages says,
    Shockwave movie has errors that caused playback problems. Can someone please
    help me. I have tried to uninstall the player and then reinstall it many times
    but that does not help.

    kygirl232 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Xtra (flash movie)

    Originally posted by: kygirl232

    windy1531@aol.com Guest

  3. #3

    windy,
    The way that I finally got mine to load was going to google and typing in
    shockwave player, that will bring up a bunch of websites to try. I went to the
    one called shockwave tester and downloaded it there and I got in on the first
    try there so try that.

    kygirl232 Guest

  4. #4

    Yea I keep getting that same message, and can't really figure out how to fix
    it. I went into the "Xtras" page in My Computer, and couldn't find anything
    about Flash Movies :-\ We need some Tech support :\

    everclear742 Guest

  5. #5

    Hi
    i have had, i think, a simular problem. After downloading Shockwave many times
    and trying a certain game and getting error missing shockwave decompression
    xtra i managed to find that the game site was directing me to the slim
    shockwave download and i since found out there is a Full one too. I tried the
    full version 10 download and now everything works. note the slim takes 6 mins
    dialup and is 2,801 K where as the full takes 12 mins and is 5,644 K.
    Anyway have a go see if it works.
    i unistalled all previous versions of shockwave, rebooted, downloaded full
    installer, closed all applications including browser before clicking run to
    install, after installed i rebooted and now it all works.
    Here is the link. [url]http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/alternates/[/url]
    Just scroll down choose Full installer.
    hope this helps.

    sqwark Guest