Professional Web Applications Themes

Yahoo Messenger funkiness - Mac Applications & Software

Running OS 9.2.2 on a new model iBook. All of a sudden, Yahoo Messenger goes funky on me. It crashes upon attempting to connect with the Internet, giving errors of type 1, 2 and 3. Also had a system error, type 10, requiring a restart. Have deleted preferences several times, reinstalled, and downloaded the newest version (2.5.3) and installed it. Upped the memory setting to twice the recommended level. Still the same errors. This just started happening out of the blue. Nothing's changed -- no new extension sets, no new software. Any recommendations on how to fix this, past what's ...

  1. #1

    Default Yahoo Messenger funkiness

    Running OS 9.2.2 on a new model iBook. All of a sudden, Yahoo
    Messenger goes funky on me. It crashes upon attempting to connect with
    the Internet, giving errors of type 1, 2 and 3. Also had a system
    error, type 10, requiring a restart. Have deleted preferences several
    times, reinstalled, and downloaded the newest version (2.5.3) and
    installed it. Upped the memory setting to twice the recommended level.
    Still the same errors. This just started happening out of the blue.
    Nothing's changed -- no new extension sets, no new software.

    Any recommendations on how to fix this, past what's already been done?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    H.B. Elkins -- Beattyville, KY
    http://www.millenniumhwy.net hbelkins(at)mis.net

    "There's no doubt he's the best race driver in the world."
    --Dale Jarrett, on the late Dale Earnhardt

    Go Big Blue (Kentucky Wildcats)! Go #15 (Michael Waltrip, NAPA Chevy)!

    Vote Ernie Fletcher for Governor of Kentucky! http://www.fletcher2003.com

    To reply, just remove the restrictorplates...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    H.B. Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Yahoo Messenger funkiness

    comnomail (blueglass) wrote:

    I have access to a Windows machine and it works fine there.

    I booted into OS X last night and Messenger worked fine in that OS.

    Would it be possible for this to be an OS-specific issue for the
    login?
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++

  3. #3

    I'm having the same issue in OS 9.1 and 9.2.2 but OS X works fine? I
    just happened all of a sudden. If anyone knows how to help please
    offer suggestions

    Thanks

    mis.net (H.B. Elkins) wrote in message news:<newsguy.com>...

    > I have access to a Windows machine and it works fine there.
    >
    > I booted into OS X last night and Messenger worked fine in that OS.
    >
    > Would it be possible for this to be an OS-specific issue for the
    > login?
    > +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    > H.B. Elkins -- Beattyville, KY
    > http://www.millenniumhwy.net hbelkins(at)mis.net
    >
    > "There's no doubt he's the best race driver in the world."
    > --Dale Jarrett, on the late Dale Earnhardt
    >
    > Go Big Blue (Kentucky Wildcats)! Go #15 (Michael Waltrip, NAPA Chevy)!
    >
    > Vote Ernie Fletcher for Governor of Kentucky! http://www.fletcher2003.com
    >
    > To reply, just remove the restrictorplates...
    > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++[/ref]
    jon Guest

  4. #4

    com (jon) wrote:

    This is on my iBook. I will have to test my Lombard Powerbook (9.2.2)
    to see if it's having the same issues.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++

  5. #5

    In article <newsguy.com>,
    mis.net (H.B. Elkins) wrote:

    Same thing here, all of a sudden, on a desktop G4 running OS 9.1. First
    noticed it last night - exact symtpoms and failed solutions you
    described. Very strange (and annoying).

    --
    To send email, remove "no_spam" and "invalid" from the address shown above
    SubSonic Guest

  6. #6

    SubSonic <bestweb.net> wrote:

    The problem seemed to have resolved itself as of last night.

    So -- what on the server side would cause such an error, specific to
    only one platform? Why would this happen to pre-OS X Macs, but not to
    OS X Macs, Windows and other platforms?

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++

  7. #7

    In comp.sys.mac.comm H.B. Elkins <mis.net> wrote:

    Are you guys aware that Yahoo upgraded its end? I am not sure if Yahoo
    Messenger for Macs are upgraded, but check that. I know Gaim, Trillian,
    etc. have problems. The latest versions of Yahoo Messenger don't. Here
    is an example of Trillian:
    http://trillian.cc/forums/showthread.php?s=b2ec023025caefaddd1331ec33db78e3& threadid=45869
    --
    "Now I have you where I want you... where is my jar of Bull ants?"
    --unknown
    | |o o| | E-mail: netANT or eduANT
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )
    ANTant@zimage.com Guest

  8. #8

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 01:08:09 -0500, com wrote:

    That's what happened - Yahoo "upgraded their service" so that Trillian
    couldn't use it any more and naturally the Mac users got thrown under
    the bus also. "You MUST use OUR free chat client!" "No, use OUR free
    chat client!" "OURS!" "No, OURS!!"
    forge Guest

  9. #9

    "H.B. Elkins" read this in the National Enquirer :

    Wow. I had the same thing happen this week. OS 9.22, 867QS. It just stopped
    working. Crashed me as often as I tried to use it. Tried ditching the old
    one and reinstalling a newly downloaded version. No avail.

    -- TAPKAE
    http://tapkae.com

    "He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how."
    Nietzsche

    TAPKAE Guest

  10. #10

    TAPKAE <com> wrote:

    Apparently it was a server-side issue, specific only to pre-OS X Macs.

    It's since resolved.

  11. #11

    "H.B. Elkins" read this in the National Enquirer :

    > Apparently it was a server-side issue, specific only to pre-OS X Macs.
    >
    > It's since resolved.[/ref]

    Thanks. I love a happy ending.