Professional Web Applications Themes

Yaromat Form Validation - Adobe Dreamweaver & Contribute

Not sure how to explain this, but here it goes. I have a form and I'm using Yaromat Form validation and everything it working good. However, I have an implemented an option by which when a button is clicked a field is hidden. While the field is hidden when the user clicks submit it still requires validation on that field. Is there a way to have validation occur when the field is being shown, but if the certain button is clicked and the field is hidden that no validation on that field is done? Thanks in advance for any help ...

  1. #1

    Default Yaromat Form Validation

    Not sure how to explain this, but here it goes.

    I have a form and I'm using Yaromat Form validation and everything it working
    good. However, I have an implemented an option by which when a button is
    clicked a field is hidden. While the field is hidden when the user clicks
    submit it still requires validation on that field.

    Is there a way to have validation occur when the field is being shown, but if
    the certain button is clicked and the field is hidden that no validation on
    that field is done?

    Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

    Netduo Guest

  2. #2

    Not sure how to explain this, but here it goes.

    I have a form and I'm using Yaromat Form validation and everything is working
    good. However, I have implemented an option by which when a button is clicked

  3. #3

    Default Re: Yaromat Form Validation

    Netduo wrote:
    > Is there a way to have validation occur when the field is being shown, but if
    > the certain button is clicked and the field is hidden that no validation on
    > that field is done?
    The code doesn't have that capibility built in. You'd have to write it
    yourself.

    You may be able to do it by getting the code that would be used by both
    operations and place them into a separate function that would be called
    when the form is submitted.

    Then in the event that hides the field set a flag that would be used to
    determine which branch of the code that needs to be run.

    --
    Danilo Celic
    | Extending Knowledge Daily : [url]http://CommunityMX.com/[/url]
    | Team Macromedia for Dreamweaver : [url]http://macromedia.com/go/team/[/url]
    danilocelic *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    I have installed the extension and I am having a little problem. It validates
    great thanks, but after I put the correct fields in instead of returning to the
    form or anything it shows my directory in the frame.

    Am I missing something? I need it to return to the form or the previous
    page. Just not my directory! LOL

    Triel Guest

  5. #5

    Triel wrote:
    > instead of returning to the form or anything it shows my directory in the frame.
    What exactly does this mean? Can you post a URL of the page (frameset)
    you're working with?

  6. #6

    Triel wrote:
    > instead of returning to the form or anything it shows my directory in the
    frame.

    What exactly does this mean? Can you post a URL of the page (frameset)
    you're working with?

    --
    Danilo Celic

    Here is the URL:
    [url]http://crux.baker.edu/nbush02/WEB121A/Project/realspades.htm[/url]

    To get to the form you need to choose: "Tournament of Champions" on the left
    navigation then the "Submit nic changes here" link in the middle of that page.

    When I finish submitting the form it pops into directory tree of my site!
    uggggggg But I do have extra credit to do some PHP too that displays the info
    the user input into that form (IF I can figure that out)

    But here is the shortcut if you can't figure it out....it will do the same
    thing because I tried it.
    [url]http://crux.baker.edu/nbush02/WEB121A/Project/change.htm[/url]

    Triel Guest

  7. #7

    Triel wrote:
    > But here is the shortcut if you can't figure it out....it will do the same
    > thing because I tried it.
    > [url]http://crux.baker.edu/nbush02/WEB121A/Project/change.htm[/url]
    Just tried in Firefox and it doesn't do that, but tried in IE and it
    did. This is not happening due to the extension, it seems to be
    happening because you do not have an action specifyed for the <FORM>
    tag. Set the action to poiont to your form processing page file name.

  8. #8

    Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    Just tried in Firefox and it doesn't do that, but tried in IE and it
    did. This is not happening due to the extension, it seems to be
    happening because you do not have an action specifyed for the <FORM>
    tag. Set the action to poiont to your form processing page file name.

    --
    Danilo Celic
    | Extending Knowledge, Daily [url]http://CommunityMX.com/[/url]

    Doh! OMG Thanks! I had it set before but I rewrote the page and forgot
    to put that in! Now I can move on to the other parts of my project. I am
    really disliking Dreamweaver! LoL I would rather code by hand. I never
    had all these problems. So now if I put PHP code in I would change that action
    to be my Thanks page that has all the information they put in the form,
    correct? Hmmm Or maybe my PHP code would go there. I will have to figure
    it out. Thanks again!

    Triel Guest