Professional Web Applications Themes

You cannot perform this action in this region of thepage - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Recently, for no apparent reason, while updating some pages on my web site, I go to paste content from MSWord and I get a message saying, "You cannot perform this action in this region of the page." I have done so in the past with no problem and can't understand why I can't now. I tried removing and reinstalling Contribute, but it didn't help. Randomly I am able to paste a short piece of content, but then will not be able to (and get that message) with another similar piece of content. Any help would be appreciated....

  1. #1

    Default You cannot perform this action in this region of thepage

    Recently, for no apparent reason, while updating some pages on my web site, I
    go to paste content from MSWord and I get a message saying, "You cannot perform
    this action in this region of the page." I have done so in the past with no
    problem and can't understand why I can't now. I tried removing and reinstalling
    Contribute, but it didn't help. Randomly I am able to paste a short piece of
    content, but then will not be able to (and get that message) with another
    similar piece of content.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    jtphd Guest

  2. #2

    This has probably nothing to do with Contribute. If you are using IE7 the
    copy/pste functionality was limited to protect users of IE& when browsing the
    web.

    [url]http://forums.regonline.com/forums/thread/1330.aspx[/url]

    ThinkInk Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for your thoughts, ThinkInk. But I'm not clear on how my browser is
    relevant. I open and work in Contribute independently of my browser as far as I
    know (I actually use Firefox for my browser, but also have IE7). And this
    problem arose after months of no problems and no apparent changes.

    Can you clarify your thoughts, so I can see more clearly if they apply to my
    problem?

    I appreciate your taking the time.

    jtphd Guest

  4. #4

    I remember this issue when working on my XP computer and resolving it somehow.
    So I searched the web for the issue again. I'm not totally aware of how this
    issue works, but a lot of windows-programs use functiona;lity of the windows
    system en programs, so maybe this causes the trouble. But I'm no tedchnical
    wonder in this area and the problem does no longer excist in Vista. Check this
    [url]http://www.passioncomputing.com.au/Content-Management/IE7-issues-Cut-Copy-Paste-[/url]
    in-WYSIWYG-editor.aspx

    For Firefox you sometimes also need to adjust the configuration of the program
    to use copy/paste in what you see is what you get. The program itself tells you
    how to solve this when you try to copy paste. You even have to solve this in
    Vista as far as I know.

    ThinkInk Guest