Professional Web Applications Themes

your opinion - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hey I just wanted to get some opinion's on this site I building right now. I through it up on a free brinkster.com server for testing. just looking for any good comments or bad comments, any suggestions and also how it might look in a netscape browser (preferably NN6) and just an over all essesment of the site (how it looks and the over all feel) None of the links are active right now. All I have done so far is the index page and another page for iFrame content. If you click the logo it will take you to ...

  1. #1

    Default your opinion

    Hey I just wanted to get some opinion's on this site I building right now. I through it up on a free brinkster.com server for testing.

    just looking for any good comments or bad comments, any suggestions and also how it might look in a netscape browser (preferably NN6) and just an over all essesment of the site (how it looks and the over all feel)

    None of the links are active right now. All I have done so far is the index page and another page for iFrame content. If you click the logo it will take you to the site that they have right now (it is pretty lame).

    [url]http://www15.brinkster.com/oliverkelso[/url]

    Thanks guys for the help!

    Oh ya and one other thing. Does anybody know if it is okay to have IE and NN on the same machine? I heard that it can cause problems but I wasn't sure. I have Opera and IE on my PC and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

    Thanks!

    I don't suffer from insanity.......I enjoy every minute of it!
    oliverkelso webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: your opinion

    Overall look and feel is good, color scheme is very good. I can't say I like
    the marquee thing (scrolling sideways text) but that's just personal

    "oliverkelso" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hey I just wanted to get some opinion's on this site I building right now.
    I through it up on a free brinkster.com server for testing.

    > just looking for any good comments or bad comments, any suggestions and
    also how it might look in a netscape browser (preferably NN6) and just an
    over all essesment of the site (how it looks and the over all feel)

    > None of the links are active right now. All I have done so far is the
    index page and another page for iFrame content. If you click the logo it
    will take you to the site that they have right now (it is pretty lame).

    > [url]http://www15.brinkster.com/oliverkelso[/url]
    >
    > Thanks guys for the help!
    >
    > Oh ya and one other thing. Does anybody know if it is okay to have IE and
    NN on the same machine? I heard that it can cause problems but I wasn't
    sure. I have Opera and IE on my PC and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

    > Thanks!
    >

    > I don't suffer from insanity.......I enjoy every minute of it!

    middletree Guest

  3. #3

    "oliverkelso" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message

    > None of the links are active right now. All I have done so far is the
    index page and another page for iFrame content. If you click the logo it
    will take you to the site that they have right now (it is pretty lame).

    It's WAY lame in Mozilla, where I have it set to block third party images.
    NONE of their images display, not a single one! The site is totally useless.

    > [url]http://www15.brinkster.com/oliverkelso[/url]
    Has a very nice look and feel to me. There is one problem in Mozilla and
    presumably the same will exist on NN6 & 7, in that the drop-down list of
    Models is significantly taller than it is in IE. It's tall enough that it
    stretches the container where it's placed breaking apart the oval shape
    where it is. See [url]http://apptools.com/images/temp/dunks.gif[/url] for a bit of what
    it looks like.

    You have the drop down list, but it won't work on some browsers because it's
    not inside a <form></form> tags.

    > Oh ya and one other thing. Does anybody know if it is okay to have IE and
    NN on the same machine? I heard that it can cause problems but I wasn't
    sure. I have Opera and IE on my PC and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

    It should be no problem at all. I have IE6, Opera 6 & 7, NN 4.7, 6.1 and 7.0
    all on one Win2k machine. The only thing you can't have is more than one
    version of IE per O/S installation.

    Gary

    Gary White Guest

  4. #4

    Looks good in Netscaoe 7.1. Bit slow to load even with broadband.
    Chris.

    "oliverkelso" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Hey I just wanted to get some opinion's on this site I building right now. I through it up on a free brinkster.com server for testing.
    >
    > just looking for any good comments or bad comments, any suggestions and also how it might look in a netscape browser (preferably NN6) and just an over all essesment of the site (how it looks and the over all feel)
    >
    > None of the links are active right now. All I have done so far is the index page and another page for iFrame content. If you click the logo it will take you to the site that they have right now (it is pretty lame).
    >
    > [url]http://www15.brinkster.com/oliverkelso[/url]
    >
    > Thanks guys for the help!
    >
    > Oh ya and one other thing. Does anybody know if it is okay to have IE and NN on the same machine? I heard that it can cause problems but I wasn't sure. I have Opera and IE on my PC and it doesn't seem to be a problem.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >

    > I don't suffer from insanity.......I enjoy every minute of it!
    cgs Guest

  5. #5

    Don't know what others have said, but...

    You have both styles and a crap load of javascript functions in the <body>
    tag...none of that ought to be there. Should all be in the <head>. The thing
    takes FOREVER to load w/ 56k modem. The tables are really nastily built (the
    main table is even set to 100% height!!) and will have plenty of problems
    x-browser. There are a TON of empty cells (not even an &nbsp; inside them...).
    Colspans strewn throughout. Not a single image with alt text. Looks like most
    of it was built using other people's scripts and stuff! Not exactly
    "professional", IMHO. The look is good, but what is good looks without the
    technical ability to hold it up?

    Sorry if this sounds harsh...but you did ask! :)

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "oliverkelso" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hey I just wanted to get some opinion's on this site I building right now. I
    through it up on a free brinkster.com server for testing.

    > just looking for any good comments or bad comments, any suggestions and also
    how it might look in a netscape browser (preferably NN6) and just an over all
    essesment of the site (how it looks and the over all feel)

    > None of the links are active right now. All I have done so far is the index
    page and another page for iFrame content. If you click the logo it will take
    you to the site that they have right now (it is pretty lame).

    > [url]http://www15.brinkster.com/oliverkelso[/url]
    >
    > Thanks guys for the help!
    >
    > Oh ya and one other thing. Does anybody know if it is okay to have IE and NN
    on the same machine? I heard that it can cause problems but I wasn't sure. I
    have Opera and IE on my PC and it doesn't seem to be a problem.

    > Thanks!
    >

    > I don't suffer from insanity.......I enjoy every minute of it!

    DiMa Guest

  6. #6

    Oh yes...forgot to mention...names of images such as: img src="DUNKS
    PERFORMANCE - 4x4 parts, 4x4 accessories, lift kits, truck parts, truck
    accessories_files/servicesbtn_01.jpg". What the heck is that??

    DiMa
    --------------------

  7. #7

    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in news:bfanc5$lbc$1
    forums.macromedia.com:
    > Oh yes...forgot to mention...names of images such as: img src="DUNKS
    > PERFORMANCE - 4x4 parts, 4x4 accessories, lift kits, truck parts, truck
    > accessories_files/servicesbtn_01.jpg". What the heck is that??
    It's a guy thing, DiMa.... ;-)

    --
    Steve
    Hong Kong

  8. #8

    I'm talking about spaces in the file names, Fleischer!! :) I didn't know they
    had 4x4's & Lift kits in Hong Kong! :) Where the heck would they park??

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Steve Fleischer" <blacksheepsteve-fleischer.net> wrote in message
    news:Xns93BD9133FB53Ablacksheepsteve65.57.83.209. ..
    > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in news:bfanc5$lbc$1
    > forums.macromedia.com:
    >
    > > Oh yes...forgot to mention...names of images such as: img src="DUNKS
    > > PERFORMANCE - 4x4 parts, 4x4 accessories, lift kits, truck parts, truck
    > > accessories_files/servicesbtn_01.jpg". What the heck is that??
    >
    > It's a guy thing, DiMa.... ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    > Hong Kong

    DiMa Guest

  9. #9

    > I'm talking about spaces in the file names, Fleischer!! :) I didn't
    > know they had 4x4's & Lift kits in Hong Kong! :) Where the heck would
    > they park??
    Anything over 1.6L and we have to park in the Philippines and walk! :-)

    --
    Steve
    Hong Kong

  10. #10

    ROFLMAO!!

    Wait...the Philippines ....isn't that a book in the Bible?? </american>

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Steve Fleischer" <blacksheepsteve-fleischer.net> wrote in message
    news:Xns93BD959D1BE98blacksheepsteve65.57.83.209. ..
    > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in
    >

    > > I'm talking about spaces in the file names, Fleischer!! :) I didn't
    > > know they had 4x4's & Lift kits in Hong Kong! :) Where the heck would
    > > they park??
    >
    > Anything over 1.6L and we have to park in the Philippines and walk! :-)
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    > Hong Kong

    DiMa Guest

  11. #11

    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in news:bfapoa$niu$1
    forums.macromedia.com:
    > Wait...the Philippines ....isn't that a book in the Bible?? </american>
    Verily! </girly word>

    --
    Steve
    Hong Kong

  12. #12

    indubitably!

    (my girly word is longer than yours is! I WIN! I WIN!)
    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Steve Fleischer" <blacksheepsteve-fleischer.net> wrote in message
    news:Xns93BD98C0C7446blacksheepsteve65.57.83.209. ..
    > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in news:bfapoa$niu$1
    > forums.macromedia.com:
    >
    > > Wait...the Philippines ....isn't that a book in the Bible?? </american>
    >
    > Verily! </girly word>
    >
    > --
    > Steve
    > Hong Kong