Professional Web Applications Themes

Youtube / flash player - Macromedia Flash Player

I use a Mac PowerbookG4 running OS X 10.3.9 When I try to watch a video on youtube, instead of the video, I get this statement: "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player." I've never had problems with youtube previously, and have made no software changes or updates that I can recall. This problem began to occur out-of-the-blue. Fixes I've tried so far: I reinstalled "the latest" Flash Player - twice. I tried three different browsers, Safari, Firefox, and Explorer. All had same result. I made sure ...

  1. #1

    Default Youtube / flash player

    I use a Mac PowerbookG4 running OS X 10.3.9
    When I try to watch a video on youtube, instead of the video, I get this
    statement:

    "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's
    Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

    I've never had problems with youtube previously, and have made no software
    changes or updates that I can recall. This problem began to occur
    out-of-the-blue.

    Fixes I've tried so far:
    I reinstalled "the latest" Flash Player - twice.
    I tried three different browsers, Safari, Firefox, and Explorer. All had same
    result.
    I made sure Javascript was enabled in each browser.
    I trashed caches, both from the Library folder and from the browsers.
    I cleared all cookies.
    I reset Safari several times.
    I turned off all Norton firewall, pop-up, and other protection.

    I don't know what else to try. Can anyone help?
    Also, I've tried to get to the adobe Flash Player support page, with no
    success. The adobe website in general takes about half and hour to load any
    page. I just enter an adobe URL, then go do something else for a while, hoping
    that the page will load before my computer overheats. What's up with that?
    Thanks in advance!

    whatdahey Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Youtube / flash player

    I am having the EXACT same problem. Driving me crazy. Big fan of you tube, ABC,
    ect. I cant watch anything and I cant download flash. Tried everything you did.
    So frustrating. I also went on "Live Q and A'. One person said it was because I
    did not have administration privleges. In my case I do but still wont work. I
    just thought I would spread that info to you and maybe it will help.

    msmissy42 Guest

  3. #3

    I'm having the same problem. I have Windows XP. I've been going to YouTube
    for ages and today I can't play anything. I checked my Java settings and
    they're fine. I tried to download the newest Flash Player and it keeps making
    me go round in circles. It takes me from one page to another page and back.
    It's nuts. How do you download the thing? I've tried everything.

    Gran29 Guest

  4. #4

    I have had this problem for about a month, and have fixed it once by
    uninstalling and re-installing flash player from a standalone installer
    provided at a 3rd party website. The problem returned shortly after, seemingly
    random and now it won't fix. Have tried all the same solutions, save for
    running reg fixers and reformatting.

    WinXP SP2
    IE7
    Latest Flash Player
    Flash 8 Pro

    Worked fine for 6 months after building this computer, Randomly stopped
    working. If you have this problem, PLEASE POST. Adobe and YouTube won't
    collaborate unless are list gets really big. Also contact YouTube.

    linklaruso Guest

  5. #5

    Make sure you enable the Javascript.
    That's the problem of the computer that I'm using :)

    [hr]
    Things you should know about your Auto Insurance
    http://www.autoinsurancecars.com
    Njonhh Guest

  6. #6

    Ah, by "have tried all the same solutions" I meant everything listed on the
    page from everyone's solutions, including whatdahey, which would obviously
    include javascript.

    I'm no amature, I used to tech support myself

    Additional tidbits: Youtube works in no browsers, but flash video works on all
    other web pages. Javascript has not only been turned on in every way the
    advanced menus will allow, but java and flash have both been completely
    manually removed and re-installed to the latest versions.

    Pretty odd... too bad I'm not ready to pay for a semantec update, I wonder if
    there's something mean on my computer that my out of date virus definitions
    couldn't catch... unlikely to specifically block youtube though... but meh, who
    knows. I'm sure reformatting will fix it, I'm getting to about my semi-annual
    reformatting anyway, but I'd sure like to know what is causing those of us who
    can't fix it otherwise.

    Thanks anyway, guys

    linklaruso Guest

  7. #7

    Same issue here. Youtube/ flash/ java all worked this morning, and now I can't load youtube in either Netscape or IE6, after repeatedly installing/ uninstalling both Java and Flash Player 9.
    utubedown Guest

  8. #8

    I'm having the same problem - cleared the cache, reinstalled flash from
    scratch, etc, but nothing seems to be working. I hadn't installed any new
    software or really changed anything so... I'm stumped.

    theridler Guest

  9. #9

    Yeah, there are some websites that just stopped working for me recently. I just updated to the newest version of Flash Player today, and they still don't work.
    SfGfan10 Guest

  10. #10

    Any chance anyone here with this problem are connecting via an ISA server... or another scenario might be going through SurfControl Web Filter???

    Wellington Guest

  11. #11

    Yeah you tube is passing me weird issues all the time... I was watching the the
    Morph concept of Nokia and bam... it suddenly stopped loading and embedding
    itself to my pc. It seems though its a issue with youtube and not flash cause
    everything else is working fine except YT.

    CHAOS'|nc. Guest