Professional Web Applications Themes

Z-index problem - Dreamweaver AppDev

I am a UI designer for a product which is based on .NET. I am facing the following problem: I have a calender pop-up on my page which is visible at a certain specific position , it is triggered onclick of a button (img). In the DIV section below I have a textarea, this textarea appears to be on top of the calender pop-up, hampering its visibility. Actually the calender pop-up should appear on the top of the text area. Please advice...

  1. #1

    Default Z-index problem

    I am a UI designer for a product which is based on .NET. I am facing the
    following problem: I have a calender pop-up on my page which is visible at a
    certain specific position , it is triggered onclick of a button (img). In the
    DIV section below I have a textarea, this textarea appears to be on top of the
    calender pop-up, hampering its visibility. Actually the calender pop-up should
    appear on the top of the text area. Please advice

    bhaktik Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Z-index problem

    All Active content on a page will always rise to the top, so to speak,
    including Flash, certain form elements, Java applets, and Active X controls.
    This means that each of these will poke through layers. There is not a good
    cross-browser/platform reliable way to solve this issue.

    I would recommend a redesign to move the form element, or some scheme to
    hide it when the other div is displayed.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "bhaktik" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I am a UI designer for a product which is based on .NET. I am facing the
    > following problem: I have a calender pop-up on my page which is visible at
    > certain specific position , it is triggered onclick of a button (img). In
    > the
    > DIV section below I have a textarea, this textarea appears to be on top of
    > the
    > calender pop-up, hampering its visibility. Actually the calender pop-up
    > should
    > appear on the top of the text area. Please advice

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    More ideas...

    If you are not using liquid design you can work-around using an image in the
    background ordered and positioned to blot out controls underneath. Then
    order and position the calendar on top of the image. You may have to use a
    wrapper div but that's the way it goes sometimes. I've done this myself to
    blot out content and controls that 'bleed through.' If you are using liquid
    design you'll have to redesign the layout so you can implement a
    work-around, another of which toggles the display property on and off of the
    controls you want to avoid bleeding through other positioned UI elements.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    "bhaktik" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I am a UI designer for a product which is based on .NET. I am facing the
    > following problem: I have a calender pop-up on my page which is visible at
    > certain specific position , it is triggered onclick of a button (img). In
    > the
    > DIV section below I have a textarea, this textarea appears to be on top of
    > the
    > calender pop-up, hampering its visibility. Actually the calender pop-up
    > should
    > appear on the top of the text area. Please advice

    clintonG Guest