Online photo editing tools provide you a mobile platform where you can work with your images almost anytime, anywhere on the web. Basically there are two types of images i.e raster and vector images. Raster images offer less resolution & complexity and can be developed or edited with almost any image editing software, like the popular Adobe Photoshop. On the other hand, a purely Vector Based Image needs some special tools and softwares for editing. Adobe Illustrator is one such Vector Based Image editing tool that can be used offline on your local machine. But what to do in case you are away from your couch and need to work on an urgent designing project which has to be submitted very shortly. The World Wide Web offers you a bunch of online image editing tools which are able to handle both the raster as well as vector based images, however with a limited set of options unlike the heavy desktop based image editing tools.
Online Image editing tools, combined with the provision of storing files on web makes web a perfect suite for handling images that can be accessed, transferred and modified very easily & just literally anywhere from the web. While keeping a close view about the profile of our Justskins readers, which comprises a lot of creative people including graphic/web designers and professional photographers, we were obliged to write something which could, in any way benefit our readers (i.e you all great guys:) ) in further improving your area and profile of work.So here is an introduction of a few shortlisted Online Image Editing Tools.
Are You an Abstract lover? Or do You simply like playing with colors?
If Your answer is “Yes”, then you can’t afford to miss this tool.
Brushster is an online image editing tool which can be used, rather say enjoyed by people belonging to every age group and work profile. It has everything to keep you stuck on your computer screen for hours, forcing you to explore and nurture your creativity with its cool set of features, which include more than 40 customizable paint brushes, a toolbox of special effects that blur, ripple, smudge, blend, and fragment your images.
2. Art Pad: As the name suggests, the Art Pad is a very useful online image editing tool which features a pretty user friendly interface with a nice workspace layout. This online image editing tool allows you to create/manage the images developed with it. It even allows you to record the whole process of image creation i.e right from your first brush stroke up to the last finishing touches which i guess you won’t need since it creates such a lovely output.
After creating, you can save the image in the ArtPad library and email your friends about it from the workspace layout itself. You can evenÂ view the online creations of other people which they store in the ArtPad’s online public Library. Isn’t great?
3. Qweeky: Qweeky is another online drawing program which can be used to create good quality images on web. The Qweeky website also offers a host of other services such as the online library, online discussion forums & a cool google Qweeky gadget whichi actually allows you to create drawings right from your favorite igoogle page. Below is a screenshot of the Qweeky Gallery.
4. Pencil: Pencil is a very beautiful, open-source, multi-platform animation/drawing software which is compatible with MacÂ OSÂ X, Windows, and Linux. It lets you create traditional hand-drawn animation (cartoon) using both bitmap and vector graphics. Being an open source product, it is available free of cost and its plugins for several tools such as web browser firefox (another open source product) are available which can be used from anywhere online.
5. Giffy: Giffy is not the usual drawing program which you might have been expecting. This online drawing tools specifically allows you to draw geometrical shapes and flowcharts. It offers a rich bundle of tool set including the ready made geometrical figures such as boxes, arrows etc. They can be easily worked upon with just a drag-n-drop. It allows to save flowcharts in its own online storage area, which you can get access to once you purchase any of their plan.Yes, Giffy is not free to use after a one month Free trial plan.
6. QuickMaps: This is really funny! Believe me, it is a real stress buster. It allows you to doodle with google. Actually, the QuickMaps service presents the popular Google maps feature with a twist. Here you can play with the real-time googlemaps and draw animations over them. It features a ‘Scribble’ tool which allows you to give desired shapes to a given map area, say, give locations your desired shapes & remember them with your favorite shape as well. In short, here you can create your own custom based google maps and show them to your friends for fun.
7. Online Drawing Board: Online Drawing Board features an online drawing workspace where you can create your own ecards online and also send them to others.
8. ISketch: ISketch is a multi-purpose online drawing tool. It has a somewhat different way of working than the other online drawing tools discussed so far. It is a messenger cum drawing area. Here You can chat with other online members( which requires no registration as if now) and simultaneously express your emotions through your drawing since ISkect provides a drawing workspace along with the chat session. However, you cannot save your images and the images created by you can be edited by other online members in real time.