Best WordPress Video Themes for a Video Blog

MattWordpress22 Comments

on-demand-2-theme

WordPress has made blogging so easy & fun, there are plenty of video blog themes that you can pick from. However there is always rarity in quality. We at JustSkins have gathered some high quality, tested, tried video themes list.
We tried to find some WordPress themes for vloggers, we knew all along that there are very few yet some of them are just brilliant premium wordpress themes. More on that later, let’s find out some themes which you can install on your vlog right now.

Garnish

A simple yet elegant Video theme for your wordpress video blog. You can use it as a standard blog or with plenty of features that you want in a video blog.

Price: $50
View Demo Download

Gigawatt

Price: $40
View Demo Download

Gridlocked

Price: $50
View Demo Download

Scope

Price: $50
View Demo Download

NoteBook

A unique and easy to navigate premium WordPress multimedia theme from Elegant Themes. The theme incorporates WordPress posts formats and nifty CSS3 animations to publish content, including audio, video, photographs and standard blog posts in various different way. The Theme has unlimited color schemes via a control panel, customizable blog style structure, fonts, ad management etc.

Price: Price: $39 Membership (unlimited access to over 70 wordpress themes)
View Demo Download

VideoZoom

An outstanding premium WordPress video theme from WPZoom featuring standard video integration plus additionally it lets you play any video from all the popular video websites. VideoZoom theme also includes a featured video slider on the homepage, multiple post layout options, theme options panel, WordPress 3.0 menus, backgrounds etc.

Price Single: $69, Developer: $149
View Demo Download

Live

A video premium WordPress theme designed for streaming video, and live event broadcasting. You can embed live video broadcasts from third party services like Ustream etc, and features a prominent timer counting down to the next broadcast, rotating bumper images, Facebook and twitter integration for viewer interaction, theme admin options panel and more make this theme one of its kind.

Price: $99, Support License: $149
View Demo Download

eVid Theme

One of the nicest WordPress theme designed specifically for the video bloggers. Simple to integrate videos from video hosts such as Youtube, Vimeo, Veoh, MetaCafe etc.

Price: $39 All access Themes Membership Fee for a year
View Demo Download

Premiere

Premiere one of a kind, very powerful video-based theme that is custom post driven, separating your video posts from your blog content. With a custom single video page template with great social sharing links, the option for your site visitors to recommend videos and a featured home page slider.

Single Use $70, Developer Price : $150
View Demo Download

Wave

A beautiful premium video wordpress theme, Flexible & Super cool looking. The Design has very earthy feel to it. The theme has featured video area & latest listing on the homepage. All in all a simple design no fancy features.

Price: $35
View Demo Download

MultiMedia Reloaded

Price: $25
View Demo Download

WP Color Video

Price: $25
View Demo Download

Groovy Video

Woo Themes is pioneer in making beautiful wordpress themes,  One such theme that is built by keeping the video blogger in mind. The Groovy Theme is very colourful video blog premium WordPress theme. Creating video posts is quick and easy with just a copy / paste of the video’s embed code. The theme enables automatic video resizing, plenty of widgets. Also allows you to pick color of your choice.

Single Use $70, Developer Price : $150
View Demo Download

Woo Tube

An excellent video premium WordPress theme from Woothemes, the WooTube theme is a very easy video blog platform, as it comes with  automatic video resizing, a completely widgetised sidebar and 7 different colour schemes to choose from. The theme  has the ability to be used as a normal blog or a gallery. A very wise choice!

Single Use $70, Developer Price : $150
View Demo Download

Flex

Flex for WordPress – A Portfolio & Blog Theme. Post Images, Blog articles, Videos, and more.

Price : $30
View Demo Download

MattBest WordPress Video Themes for a Video Blog

22 Comments on “Best WordPress Video Themes for a Video Blog”

  1. Pingback: Wootube WordPress Video Blog/Vlog Theme

  2. Marty

    I’d like to convert my video site to a wordpress blog using your skins.

    Can I ad adsense and affiliate ads to these skins?

    Particularly the On Demand skin… I would like to have each individual video page to show a video and adsense / affiliate ads.

    Is that possible?

  3. Rahul

    Very professional themes. But I too agree that there are very few or no good looking wp-themes for vlog. Still I’m searching. :)

  4. pj

    On surface these look good, but take on demand for example, when you actually use it the navigation arrangement is terrible, I have seen people struggle to figure it out…it does several weird things also like post blank video boxes when it needs to refer to written blogs in the index panel. Its messy, style over usability.

    I reckon people throw these things togeteher to look alright and catch the eye, but they need to actually think of the design interaction, test them on a cross section of people, and not be too proud to change and adapt.

  5. Peter Fullerton

    Nice collection of themes here, the ‘Video’ theme is the one I like best from this list. Video blogging is gaining huge momentum these days now doubt about it.

    Here is another video theme, made by Obox, which I really like, it’s called Selecta http://www.obox-design.com/themes_page.cfm/theme/selecta – more of a fun going theme than the classy ones you have here but always worth a look.

    Thanks for the post.

  6. Mike

    Wow, I absolutely love these themes. I really like the On Demand theme. I think I am going to buy that one. I hope everything PJ said isn’t 100% accurate or I will be in trouble.

  7. Duan Wanty

    I love these themes. We are looking for a theme that can accommodate a few videos at once (self-uploaded) with an integrated blog which will just consist of posts without videos. Also something that can take a live streaming video at some point. Anyone help please?

  8. Robert

    There are really few themes for video presentation, really hope in 2011 theme developers will do something about it. Meantime you can check us out at http://www.alivethemes.com/ , we might publish a free theme for video presentation in the upcoming months.

  9. blogging platforms

    I think these are totally worth the price, if you have a good idea for a video site no use in wasting it on a free theme unless you know how to code. Thanks for the info, I am definitely buying one of these.

Leave a Reply